Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M
Unlikely to get updates on a weekend? Maybe tomorrow or during the weekday?

Has anyone received an update during the weekend? I don't recall seeing one. My first EDD change was on a Tuesday, where Monday was a holiday. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but who knows.

Hang in there! First week of Augustmy updates shed

Has anyone received an update during the weekend? I don't recall seeing one. My first EDD change was on a Tuesday, where Monday was a holiday. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but who knows.

Hang in there! First week of August.
I seemed to get all my updates on Sundays.

I got mine yesterday / Saturday morning. It wasn’t updated Friday evening.

I got several 2 week windows on Sunday mornings

The 20s don’t leave much tire and I live in the Philadelphia area and commute up to NYC a good bit. I wanted more rubber to reduce the blowouts.
I also plan to either change to 19s or put 255/35r20 on the Uberturbines, mainly because our roads are crap out here around New Orleans. How was your experience with Tsportonline? Any issues with fit and finish or with the wheels/tires not being balanced properly? It would cost about $1,100 for a set of wider Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons for the Uberturbines , or about $3,700 for a set of 19" wheels with tires ready to install from Tsportonline.

I also plan to either change to 19s or put 255/35r20 on the Uberturbines, mainly because our roads are crap out here around New Orleans. How was your experience with Tsportonline? Any issues with fit and finish or with the wheels/tires not being balanced properly? It would cost about $1,100 for a set of wider Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons for the Uberturbines , or about $3,700 for a set of 19" wheels with tires ready to install from Tsportonline.
Tsportline did fine, no issues. It cost me $800 more than what I sold my stock wheels for to upgrade. The uberturbines with stock tires have the wheels sticking out further than the tires which is not a look I like and no good on PA roads. The upgraded wheels and tires are perfect. The Michelin PS4 tires have a nice protection ring covering the wheels and can take a bump much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: duplantisjj
Starting week 7 since my order and I just got ANOTHER push out today. See sig. I don't think I've seen any Californians get VINs or delivery dates since EOQ.
Pushed my EDD out a month! Seemingly to position me for an EOQ local delivery to make their numbers. WTH.
Is there any other way to look at it? Just not right.
I'm in the Bay Area as well, and my OD is 6/21. Original EDD was June - September, which was annoying as the Tesla website was showing the range as June - August.

Since then, I've had several two week windows, and at one point had a three day window(!), only to see the date slip as far as September 20. In each case, the EDD has been pushed back on the first or second day of the window. [Bear in mind that I changed interior color from black to white around a month after ordering, and haven't been as meticulous as some w/r/t tracking the dates of each change in status.]

The latest update came through on Saturday, and my EDD is now 8/1 - 8/15. I've been fooled before, so not getting too excited until I see a VIN.

Fingers crossed for all us in the Bay!

I really do think with all the weird movement as of late that the Cali area is going to be pushed to the EOQ regardless of when you ordered. I don’t agree with it at all. Shafting people who just missed the cutoff last quarter into a three month limbo is poor customer service. Don’t get me wrong I know the cars are worth it, just makes it hard to really understand on why they do what they do. All this coming from an East Coast guy. Hope you all get the updates you want soon!

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I really do think with all the weird movement as of late that the Cali area is going to be pushed to the EOQ regardless of when you ordered. I don’t agree with it at all. Shafting people who just missed the cutoff last quarter into a three month limbo is poor customer service. Don’t get me wrong I know the cars are worth it, just makes it hard to really understand on why they do what they do. All this coming from an East Coast guy. Hope you all get the updates you want soon!
It wouldn't be such an issue if they'd just set realistic expectations for us from the start. I would have been fine with having it delivered in September or even October. That would have been consistent with what it said on the order page. But when they set the initial EDD window to 7/24 - 8/7 it got me scrambling to get all the logistics sorted out ASAP. Then they moved the dates back. It's not really a bad thing to have all that stuff figured out early, but it would be nice to be able to take them seriously on the timing.