Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Suntek installed last week. 20% on the sides and back and 70% on the roof. Love it, and a definite reduction in cabin heat.
Thank you. Got any pics I can see? Of the side view for darkness? Did you do the sun roof too. Apparently the one piece back is separate from the “sun roof” from where I called. I was told 250 for windshield and 200 for sun roof. 1100 for 4 doors, sun roof , wind shield and solid pack piece at a shop with Solar gard vortex ri. And 650 for the suntek Ceramic at my home from a mobile installation person. Seems like a large price difference. 1300 for another shop using Xpel prime CeRamic XR Plus includes windshield. Sure seems hard to choose best route.

At Tesla picking up now. Did a detailed inspection and everything looks awesome. No issues. Was worried since the VIN was “older” than what people are receiving now, and hoping it wasn’t a reject or something. Super stoked.
congratulations. Ask them to help you set your phone up as the key card. Also help you set up easy exit/access and pre program your seat, steering wheel and mirror preferences if they will. It makes life easier

Thank you. Got any pics I can see? Of the side view for darkness? Did you do the sun roof too. Apparently the one piece back is separate from the “sun roof” from where I called. I was told 250 for windshield and 200 for sun roof. 1100 for 4 doors, sun roof , wind shield and solid pack piece at a shop with Solar gard vortex ri. And 650 for the suntek Ceramic at my home from a mobile installation person. Seems like a large price difference. 1300 for another shop using Xpel prime CeRamic XR Plus includes windshield. Sure seems hard to choose best route.
They did 2 pieces on the back glass, but put the seam on the factory tint. I can't find the seam at all.

Attachments

• 8BE82AB1-D379-4A53-86D5-8BCBD0CC6C84.jpeg
    8BE82AB1-D379-4A53-86D5-8BCBD0CC6C84.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 83
  • AF79093E-E16D-4ECA-ACDA-526805B8307A.jpeg
    AF79093E-E16D-4ECA-ACDA-526805B8307A.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 817B2E81-19DA-47CA-B8E6-62F77AAFE87C.jpeg
    817B2E81-19DA-47CA-B8E6-62F77AAFE87C.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 78
At Tesla picking up now. Did a detailed inspection and everything looks awesome. No issues. Was worried since the VIN was “older” than what people are receiving now, and hoping it wasn’t a reject or something. Super stoked.
Congrats. I just got a text that the car has left the factory and should be getting something in 2 weeks.

Got a text from Tesla to bring my bills and insurance from Rhode Island tomorrow. I told them that I don't even live in RI, I was driving from CT since Tesla shipped my CT car to RI. Needless to say, another cluster by Tesla.
Now they have to wait to ship the car to NY and then I'll get a new appointment. Ordered June 2nd. Got matched to a car that would be in the shop for 6 weeks. Then matched to a car that went to RI from CA, and they didn't even bother to see where I live and that I can't pick up the car from RI.
/rant

Got a text from Tesla to bring my bills and insurance from Rhode Island tomorrow. I told them that I don't even live in RI, I was driving from CT since Tesla shipped my CT car to RI. Needless to say, another cluster by Tesla.
Now they have to wait to ship the car to NY and then I'll get a new appointment. Ordered June 2nd. Got matched to a car that would be in the shop for 6 weeks. Then matched to a car that went to RI from CA, and they didn't even bother to see where I live and that I can't pick up the car from RI.
/rant
Jesus, it never ends with that order. This was similar to my MY order. Good vibes man. Deliver the car!

Reactions: S2K_MoZo