Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to lock in the rate soon, even without the VIN, considering I've already waited a month. I was told that I could almost certainly get a 30-day extension if the initial 30-day period runs out, and the chance that I'd end up taking delivery next quarter seems fairly slim (though not impossible, considering Flatbroke's case). As far as I can tell, the worst-case scenario with a reasonable likelihood is that I'd get my car in the EOQ rush. But of course waiting until I have the VIN would be the safest bet if I'm less concerned about the interest rate....

I think you're far enough in the Q to be pretty safe with the 30 days, especially with being able to extend the pre approval, I'd say go for it. :D There are some CUs that give additional 0.25% off of EVs... they're definitely out there.

Got the car back from the shop, wrapped in full XPEL stealth PPF, ceramic coated and ceramic tint as well. What do you guys think?
Looks fantastic! Thanks for posting up the pics...awesome.
Looks fantastic. This is exactly what I want to do with mine.

What tint levels did you get, and how did you have them do the rear window?
Haha I was just about to ask the same regarding the tint %. I'm going to guess 20-25%? 😁

Reactions: Ssheehan
Looks fantastic. This is exactly what I want to do with mine.

What tint levels did you get, and how did you have them do the rear window?
They did a great job on the roof! They did one large sheet on the rear window and then the moonroof. I did 15% on all 4 windows and I had to do 20% on the rear glass because they didn't have a 15 that long which isn't a big deal to me. 50% on the moonroof and then 50% on the windshield

Reactions: unlock
They did a great job on the roof! They did one large sheet on the rear window and then the moonroof. I did 15% on all 4 windows and I had to do 20% on the rear glass because they didn't have a 15 that long which isn't a big deal to me. 50% on the moonroof and then 50% on the windshield

Good stuff. 15% really brings out the batmobile look without going limo mode. I was debating between 15% and 25% and settled on 25% due to a lot of driving at night.

Could you take some pics of the roof with the 50%? I'm very curious how the LTV looks with the 50% on top of the stock tinted roof glass.

Thanks!
FYI, white interior really does make the tint look lighter. I think 15% on black interior is much darker
It sure does! The lighting threw me off as well ha! It did look darker than 25% for sure at first and maybe thought the lighting made it seem lighter.

15% with black interior during the early evening looks limo. very dark and hard to see out the rear. A buddy has 15% on the rear windshield and it's a tad too limo for my taste. 20% IMO was a good call and I think it worked out in your favor.

Hi guys, I recently totaled my 2022 LR and ordered SR on 8/12/22. Now I'm leaning to changing the order to P. Am I right that there's no option to do that online and I have to call Tesla? Also I'll be away from the end of September to mid-October. Do people get Ps sooner than 2 months after OD?

Well folks, today was the day. In total, it was just shy of 60 days from order date to delivery. The mobile charger was in the trunk, so I guess Tesla is still including them. I had my wheels ready to go (these came off of my Kia Stinger, and thankfully the bolt pattern is the same).

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpg
    IMG_5678.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5683.jpg
    IMG_5683.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5677.jpg
    IMG_5677.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5682 (1).jpg
    IMG_5682 (1).jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 81
Well folks, today was the day. In total, it was just shy of 60 days from order date to delivery. The mobile charger was in the trunk, so I guess Tesla is still including them. I had my wheels ready to go (these came off of my Kia Stinger, and thankfully the bolt pattern is the same).
I'm just only thinking of ordering 3P and wonder if it's customary to swap the wheels on P right away? Are you concerned with busting the original tires easily because of low profile? I spoke to few co-workers with Ps and they all said no problems with the tires for years. I live in MD

Last edited:
I'm just only thinking of ordering 3P and wonder if it's customary to swap the wheels on P right away? Are you concerned with busting the original tires easily because of low profile? I spoke to few co-workers with Ps and they all said no problems with the tires for years. I live in MD
It certainly isn't necessary to swap out the brand new wheels and tires. I am more focused on performance than range. These wheels are lighter, stronger, and support a much wider tire. There is slightly more sidewall than the OEM tire on the Uberturbine wheel, but any low profile tire on a big wheel can get damaged if you hit a pothole or big crack in the road etc. If you are concerned with wheel and tire damage, go with an 18"

Hi guys, I recently totaled my 2022 LR and ordered SR on 8/12/22. Now I'm leaning to changing the order to P. Am I right that there's no option to do that online and I have to call Tesla? Also I'll be away from the end of September to mid-October. Do people get Ps sooner than 2 months after OD?
Yikes sorry to hear. More importantly you're okay so that's all that matters. The average from OD to DD has been ~60 +/- for the mid west and east coast. I see that you're in MD so those averages should be pretty consistent. However, I think it's worth mentioning that now with the LR getting yanked from the site, it may mix things up a bit with the volume of people ordering M3Ps now. We're also entering the last month of the quarter so there are some variables to consider.
For those in the northern region where it snows IMO it is a necessity to swap the 20" Ubers out for several reasons.

1. 20s are terrible for areas that get a lot of snow. Riding around on rubber bands is not ideal.

2. The stock 20s come with Pirelli summer tires, which I think is a dumb choice for Tesla to ship it with those tires, instead of All Seasons for the regions that have real winters. For those in areas that have even mild winters with freezing temps those summer tires are useless.

If the M3P will be your daily driver I wouldn't recommend using those tires even in rainy conditions.

The best solution will be to just get a new set of tires to accommodate your conditions and to put those summer tires up for sale.

Congrats! Those wheels look great on the M3P. You definitely lucked out with them having the same bolt pattern. :D
It certainly isn't necessary to swap out the brand new wheels and tires. I am more focused on performance than range. These wheels are lighter, stronger, and support a much wider tire. There is slightly more sidewall than the OEM tire on the Uberturbine wheel, but any low profile tire on a big wheel can get damaged if you hit a pothole or big crack in the road etc. If you are concerned with wheel and tire damage, go with an 18"

The stock Ubers are so darn heavy for sure. My wheels are coming off the same day I take delivery lol.

Regarding 18s, I was going to go with an 18 for a winter set, but decided to just go with 19s with maybe 245/40 ... I have buddy in NY with a MYP on 19s and he uses it year around on NY roads without any issues. 19s provide a little more clearance for the rotor/brakes as well. Not that 18s can't fit, it's just more limited with the wheel selection etc... Ideally for those in crazy winter areas a wheel 18x7.5 made specifically for tesla would be ideal wrapped with some fat rubbers.

Reactions: Lavender
While I’m waiting I’ve got lots of time to waffle on my color choice. Thinking about going MSM to black. Anyone have any experience to say what that will do to delivery? I’m closing in on a month waiting so far.
Ultimately, the trackers show that there isn't much difference in delivery timelines based on color choice. Pick the color you want and don't let yourself pick something you'd like less just because you might get the car a week sooner or later. A week is nothing. Months down the road when you're driving the car/color you really wanted, that extra week you waited won't matter.

Ultimately, the trackers show that there isn't much difference in delivery timelines based on color choice. Pick the color you want and don't let yourself pick something you'd like less just because you might get the car a week sooner or later. A week is nothing. Months down the road when you're driving the car/color you really wanted, that extra week you waited won't matter.
Now if I only could figure out what I like….ha