Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changed my order from LR to P on 8/26, and now I have a 2-week window of 9/10-9/24

OD: 7/10 (M3LR, Blue, Black interior, 18" Aero, FSD)
EDD1: October 2022–January 2023
EDD2: November 27–January 22
EDD3: August 28–September 25
EDD4: November 2022–February 2023
8/26: Changed to M3P (Blue, Black, FSD)
EDD5 (immediately after changing): October–November
EDD6: September 10–24

So I had a small SNAFU when attempting to take delivery of my M3P on Sunday. I had a pre-approval through Navy Federal and thought I could take the check to delivery and accept my car at that time. NOPE! In Texas ,at least, the check was to be mailed in to Tesla in Fremont first. I wasn't aware of this because my SA didn't say anything to me when I mentioned how I was paying and from the research I did I found several responses saying they did exactly what I did. Luckily I was able to make copies of the front and back of my check and send that along with my overnight tracking number to gallery support and took delivery on Monday. This is just more of a PSA and not a rant as it was ultimately my fault. Just glad I got it taken care of.

On a side note I ordered a mobile connector over a month ago (not with the vehicle) since supposedly new deliveries were not going to come with one. At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to go the mobile connector route with a NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger. Well the car had a mobile connector in the trunk so now I can leave that in there for mobile purposes if I ever need it I suppose. Ordered 6/21 with a 8/29 delivery for reference.

So I had a small SNAFU when attempting to take delivery of my M3P on Sunday. I had a pre-approval through Navy Federal and thought I could take the check to delivery and accept my car at that time. NOPE! In Texas ,at least, the check was to be mailed in to Tesla in Fremont first. I wasn't aware of this because my SA didn't say anything to me when I mentioned how I was paying and from the research I did I found several responses saying they did exactly what I did. Luckily I was able to make copies of the front and back of my check and send that along with my overnight tracking number to gallery support and took delivery on Monday. This is just more of a PSA and not a rant as it was ultimately my fault. Just glad I got it taken care of.

On a side note I ordered a mobile connector over a month ago (not with the vehicle) since supposedly new deliveries were not going to come with one. At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to go the mobile connector route with a NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger. Well the car had a mobile connector in the trunk so now I can leave that in there for mobile purposes if I ever need it I suppose. Ordered 6/21 with a 8/29 delivery for reference.
9 weeks. Sounds about right. Congratulations.

Reactions: julit0 and unlock
Hell yea for the white interiors!;)
Hoping my 2 week window holds up 😬
Let's hope!
VINdication! Woke up to an EDD update of 9/1 - 9/5 and a VIN [347].

More movement for the West Coast crowd, and for those who ordered the white interior.

Very nice! I have a feeling that my EED will change tomorrow with a 2 week window of 9/1 - 9/13 or so... let's hope! I've been keeping an eye on white interior orders so it's good to see movement for us on the West coast.

I’m moving over to the MYP waiting room. We decided the Y would be more practical as one of us will be doing more remote work, allowing for more personal travel. Since the MYP waiting room isn‘t as happening as this thread, I’ll be back. 😂

Best Wishes to all the M3P people! I hope you receive your cars quickly, and within the estimated 1-3 months. 🙂

Let's hope!

Very nice! I have a feeling that my EED will change tomorrow with a 2 week window of 9/1 - 9/13 or so... let's hope! I've been keeping an eye on white interior orders so it's good to see movement for us on the West coast.

Fingers crossed for ya!

It's a relief that West Coast VINs are becoming slightly less rare than unicorn sightings!

What’s up guys! I figured I’d go ahead and post my journey:

OD: Jul 15 (EDD Oct - Jan)
EDD 1: Nov 15 - Jan 10
EDD 2: Aug 8 - Aug 19
*switched to M3P Jul 28*
EDD 1: Sep 9 - Oct 14
EDD 2: Sep 11 - Oct 9
EDD 3: Sep 9 - Sep 22

Woke up to an updated EDD of Sep 13 - Sep 17 as well as a VIN! How do we verify if it’s a newer VIN or vice versa?

I’m planning on switching over to the T-Sportline wheels + CC2 tires (235/45/18) for the winter - I live in the northeast.
I’m also looking to get it tinted as soon as I can!

What’s up guys! I figured I’d go ahead and post my journey:

OD: Jul 15 (EDD Oct - Jan)
EDD 1: Nov 15 - Jan 10
EDD 2: Aug 8 - Aug 19
*switched to M3P Jul 28*
EDD 1: Sep 9 - Oct 14
EDD 2: Sep 11 - Oct 9
EDD 3: Sep 9 - Sep 22

Woke up to an updated EDD of Sep 13 - Sep 17 as well as a VIN! How do we verify if it’s a newer VIN or vice versa?

I’m planning on switching over to the T-Sportline wheels + CC2 tires (235/45/18) for the winter - I live in the northeast.
I’m also looking to get it tinted as soon as I can!
I received my VIN on Sunday and it was 337xxx. I confirmed with the SA that it was new and not a rejected VIN. On it's way from the factory to arrive at the SC later this week.

I called costco they will not install anything other then what the sticker indicates on the car. They stopped that practice in 2019. IF you already have the 245 tire installed on the vehicle they will sell and match the tires and warranty them that way. If you do not have them they will only sell and warranty stock size, if you buy the tires from them without installation they will not warranty them either
I actually just bought tires for my daughters car from Tire Rack. They had a very good price on Pirelli’s that were being discontinued. There was no sales tax. A partner company came to my house and installed the tires for $130. The guy had a tire balancer in the back of his van. Install took 45 minutes.

I found this out too. I texted my SA yesterday letting them know I was planning on bringing a Bank check when I pick up the car on the Sept 1, they immediately responded that they don't accept payment there (Austin Texas)

I just ended up paying for it using their Tesla app, it was way too easy.

Picked up today. Love it. Had 7 miles on odo. Was raining but car felt so solid in rain with awd. Tip: if you have a umc on order that hasn't been shipped you can cancel if your SC has them in stock. SA was great and suggested buying the in stock item and went home with a charger. Of course, didnt come with the car given my order date.

od: 7/12
3 edds and dd.

next step: wrap
PXL_20220830_205539769.jpg

PXL_20220830_210119099~2.jpg

PXL_20220830_221604156.jpg

Picked up today. Love it. Had 7 miles on odo. Was raining but car felt so solid in rain with awd. Tip: if you have a umc on order that hasn't been shipped you can cancel if your SC has them in stock. SA was great and suggested buying the in stock item and went home with a charger. Of course, didnt come with the car given my order date.

od: 7/12
3 edds and dd.

next step: wrap
View attachment 847168

View attachment 847170

View attachment 847171
Congrats! And thanks for the tip on the chargers. What kind of wrap do you plan to get?

Last edited: