Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ah. replacing an orange car. so gonna get an orange wrap. something like this which my local detailing shop has done before

1661905599311.png

1661905658283.png

(from their website)

will try to get something glossier with more pop like this one.

1661905750238.png

I prefer gloss because matte/satin collect a lot of dust. I have gloss wrap on my X (3m gloss yellow) and one of the benefits is that dust hardly sticks to it. Plus its also so noticeable on the roads that I am convinced that it helps with safety. I have noticed that people are less likely to cut in front of me on the road. Of course it does invite more people to show off also in front of you, but I just ignore the noise hehe.

1661906337297.png

ah. replacing an orange car. so gonna get an orange wrap. something like this which my local detailing shop has done before

View attachment 847194

View attachment 847195

(from their website)

will try to get something glossier with more pop like this one.

View attachment 847197

I prefer gloss because matte/satin collect a lot of dust. I have gloss wrap on my X (3m gloss yellow) and one of the benefits is that dust hardly sticks to it. Plus its also so noticeable on the roads that I am convinced that it helps with safety. I have noticed that people are less likely to cut in front of me on the road. Of course it does invite more people to show off also in front of you, but I just ignore the noise hehe.

View attachment 847205
Nice! I'm planning on getting either XPEL Stealth PPF or a 3M Satin Psychedelic vinyl wrap, but I'm also planning to get a ceramic coating over whichever one I choose. It seems like that should help with the dust & anything else that would tend to stick to it. I've never had a ceramic coated car, though, so I can't be sure how that works out in practice.

Picked up today. Love it. Had 7 miles on odo. Was raining but car felt so solid in rain with awd. Tip: if you have a umc on order that hasn't been shipped you can cancel if your SC has them in stock. SA was great and suggested buying the in stock item and went home with a charger. Of course, didnt come with the car given my order date.

od: 7/12
3 edds and dd.

next step: wrap

Looks great! I took my car to the wrap shop for a clear bra and ceramic coat yesterday.

B83ADA14-DCE7-4B9B-9449-C6596206BFFB.jpeg

OK I think I am done here. Tomorrow will be week 11. I have a 2 week window of Sept 1 - sept 14 but I know that won't hold up. It think I am the only Canadian here. Although I appreciate all the updates and information everyone on this forum have been providing I feel like I am comparing apples to oranges because I am in Canada. The closest thing I can compare delivery times to is with the people in the PNW. I know Tesla deliver vehicles up here as I see them on the street every day. I just don't know when the hell they ship them. Take care everyone. Thanks for all the helpful information you all have provided. Stay safe and enjoy your new vehicles :)

OK I think I am done here. Tomorrow will be week 11. I have a 2 week window of Sept 1 - sept 14 but I know that won't hold up. It think I am the only Canadian here. Although I appreciate all the updates and information everyone on this forum have been providing I feel like I am comparing apples to oranges because I am in Canada. The closest thing I can compare delivery times to is with the people in the PNW. I know Tesla deliver vehicles up here as I see them on the street every day. I just don't know when the hell they ship them. Take care everyone. Thanks for all the helpful information you all have provided. Stay safe and enjoy your new vehicles :)
What’s the next move if you cancel the Tes?

Reactions: Expexp09
What’s the next move if you cancel the Tes?
Not canceling the order. Just going to sit back, wait, and act like I've never placed it. Im only going to check the app in the morning and night and not read the posts here of people who ordered after me getting their cars. Going to try and avoid any more frustration of this process :)

Not canceling the order. Just going to sit back, wait, and act like I've never placed it. Im only going to check the app in the morning and night and not read the posts here of people who ordered after me getting their cars. Going to try and avoid any more frustration of this process :)
This is the way. Just wait for the text.

So I had a small SNAFU when attempting to take delivery of my M3P on Sunday. I had a pre-approval through Navy Federal and thought I could take the check to delivery and accept my car at that time. NOPE! In Texas ,at least, the check was to be mailed in to Tesla in Fremont first. I wasn't aware of this because my SA didn't say anything to me when I mentioned how I was paying and from the research I did I found several responses saying they did exactly what I did. Luckily I was able to make copies of the front and back of my check and send that along with my overnight tracking number to gallery support and took delivery on Monday. This is just more of a PSA and not a rant as it was ultimately my fault. Just glad I got it taken care of.

On a side note I ordered a mobile connector over a month ago (not with the vehicle) since supposedly new deliveries were not going to come with one. At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to go the mobile connector route with a NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger. Well the car had a mobile connector in the trunk so now I can leave that in there for mobile purposes if I ever need it I suppose. Ordered 6/21 with a 8/29 delivery for reference.
I found this out too. I texted my SA yesterday letting them know I was planning on bringing a Bank check when I pick up the car on the Sept 1, they immediately responded that they don't accept payment there (Austin Texas)

I just ended up paying for it using their Tesla app, it was way too easy.
FYI: I checked Tesla’s FAQ about third-party financing. It says, essentially, that checks need to be mailed. That Tesla may accept a photo of the front and back of the check as proof of payment, if you mailed it. And, finally, that Tesla must receive payment in full before you take delivery. Nothing is stated about payment rules by state. So, I assume it means any state. It’s worth calling your SA to confirm if you’re using third-party financing. Here’s a link to the info

Anyone still following my saga. I ended up just opting to finance through Tesla today to insure that I could take delivery within the 3 day window requirement.
Unfortunately I've been sick with strep throat since Thursday and still not feeling great. But will make the trip to the SC to pick up my car tomorrow at noon.

Looking over all these multi-page checklists, not sure how much I'm going to feel up to checking or even how much time I will be allowed to inspect.

Can someone tell me how much time you have to report issues you find with the car after taking it home? I trust that any cosmetic or functional issues that are not discovered until after you take the car home will still be addressed/fixed either by mobile service or bringing the car back to the SC?
I guess we won’t get the end of the story?

FYI: I checked Tesla’s FAQ about third-party financing. It says, essentially, that checks need to be mailed. That Tesla may accept a photo of the front and back of the check as proof of payment, if you mailed it. And, finally, that Tesla must receive payment in full before you take delivery. Nothing is stated about payment rules by state. So, I assume it means any state. It’s worth calling your SA to confirm if you’re using third-party financing. Here’s a link to the info
I texted my agent today and confirmed I can just bring my fillable credit union check and pay with that. This is in MD, perhaps I'm lucky?

Reactions: Expexp09
Nice! I'm planning on getting either XPEL Stealth PPF or a 3M Satin Psychedelic vinyl wrap, but I'm also planning to get a ceramic coating over whichever one I choose. It seems like that should help with the dust & anything else that would tend to stick to it. I've never had a ceramic coated car, though, so I can't be sure how that works out in practice.
Should come out great. I have considered that since my current wrap has small nicks/chips from freeway travel. Not too noticeable but annoying. Guessing the ceramic coating will protect against the chips/nicks ?

Reactions: LorentzTorque