Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Vin and a EDD: 9/23-10/2.

I set my payment method to cash. Should I go ahead and get the loan from my credit union now or wait it off? Also do insurance do I wait to add it now or when I schedule for delivery?

Vin: F362
I would suggest getting the loan approved ASAP now that you have your VIN. The only reason to hold off at first is because of the large uncertainty in timing. That uncertainty is drastically reduced once you have your VIN. You don't want to be in the middle of getting your financing approved and have your car get passed along because you weren't ready.

Reactions: onelesslagger
Just got my Vin and a EDD: 9/23-10/2.

I set my payment method to cash. Should I go ahead and get the loan from my credit union now or wait it off? Also do insurance do I wait to add it now or when I schedule for delivery?

Vin: F362

Agree with the previous reply. Get the financing in order now. And get insurance set up first so you can schedule delivery

Reactions: onelesslagger
Scheduled pick up for sunday 9/25 at 10:00 am in vallejo
Just a little tip when making payment thru app. It will direct you to plaid payment and have you select bank and then wants your user credentials for bank. Was definetly not comfortable giving this information to them. If you enter incorrect info it will allow you to exit and then ask if u want to enter manually. Added routing and account number thru this process. Hope this helps some of you.

• Helpful
Reactions: LorentzTorque
Just a little tip when making payment thru app. It will direct you to plaid payment and have you select bank and then wants your user credentials for bank. Was definetly not comfortable giving this information to them. If you enter incorrect info it will allow you to exit and then ask if u want to enter manually. Added routing and account number thru this process. Hope this helps some of you.
That's an absolutely insane thing to ask for! Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Smt707
Woke up this morning to a new EDD. I am not surprised, once I saw that I slipped out of August into September I figured it was a risk that I might get pushed out of the quarter while Tesla shifts MP3 to West coast EOQ deliveries. :confused:

MP3 Blue / White, EAP, North Texas
OD: 7/5
5th EDD: 10/7 - 10/21

Range is primarily in he wheels size.
Adding to this: my buddy with a M3P suggested I get 18" wheels, tires, and aero covers for my M3P to swap to in the event I want to do a longer trip. Claims he did the same and it added 30 - 50 miles of range. YMMV (literally) but that's definitely something worth considering having on hand in the event you want a little extra range, assuming the cost isn't prohibitive.