Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding to this: my buddy with a M3P suggested I get 18" wheels, tires, and aero covers for my M3P to swap to in the event I want to do a longer trip. Claims he did the same and it added 30 - 50 miles of range. YMMV (literally) but that's definitely something worth considering having on hand in the event you want a little extra range, assuming the cost isn't prohibitive.
Engineering explained did a good video on this:

Reactions: nharwood
Delivery currently scheduled for Tuesday 9/27. Site was really buggy yesterday and had some issues with confirming an earlier date. Texted them this morning and they said when the vehicle gets closer I'll get another link and apologized for the technical problems.

I've read others saying how they don't make it easy to plan your delivery efficiently and I understand what they're saying now!

Delivery currently scheduled for Tuesday 9/27. Site was really buggy yesterday and had some issues with confirming an earlier date. Texted them this morning and they said when the vehicle gets closer I'll get another link and apologized for the technical problems.

I've read others saying how they don't make it easy to plan your delivery efficiently and I understand what they're saying now!
I’m essentially in the same spot as you with delivery (scheduled for Saturday) but in the Chicago suburbs. The Tesla people on the text message have actually been fairly helpful, even called me directly to talk about delivery. I’ve been asking about earlier delivery and they told me something similar, which is whenever the car shows up they’ll text me and I can come get it…hopefully before the current appointment.

Oh Man here we go:

EDD history:
OD: 6/23 (RWD) - Sept-Dec EDD
6/25: 9/27-11/8
7/2: Upgraded to LR
7/3: 10/29-12/24
7/26: Dec 2022-March 2023
7/28: upgraded from Aero to 19” Sport
7/29: 10/25-11/16
8/2: 8/14-8-28 (2 week window!)
8/2: received trade in text (no call)
8/26: Upgrade to M3P
9/3: 9/5-9/17
9/12: Recieved text stating that they plan to deliver in september
9/18: 9/20-10/1
9/21: 10/29-12/3

Ugh. This is a crazy roller coaster. Do you think the last date is accurate, or will it pull back in? I was really hoping for a September delivery.

Oh Man here we go:

EDD history:
OD: 6/23 (RWD) - Sept-Dec EDD
6/25: 9/27-11/8
7/2: Upgraded to LR
7/3: 10/29-12/24
7/26: Dec 2022-March 2023
7/28: upgraded from Aero to 19” Sport
7/29: 10/25-11/16
8/2: 8/14-8-28 (2 week window!)
8/2: received trade in text (no call)
8/26: Upgrade to M3P
9/3: 9/5-9/17
9/12: Recieved text stating that they plan to deliver in september
9/18: 9/20-10/1
9/21: 10/29-12/3

Ugh. This is a crazy roller coaster. Do you think the last date is accurate, or will it pull back in? I was really hoping for a September delivery.
Lol idk if you know this but you may be impulsively indecisive.

I also received this message on 9/12, but still no VIN. Regarding your pushed-back EDD, sometimes a VIN is assigned soon after that happens (but not always). I would expect it to bounce back to a closer range at some point, though. What's your config?
On 9/12 i also received same text. Got vin yesterday and scheduled for sunday. This morning received text saying i could schedule earlier so i chose earliest date which is tommorrow. Lol now just received a text asking if they could send me an uber to pick up today. I cant go today but wow everything happens so fast once assigned vin

Reactions: DentonFreeman
On 9/12 i also received same text. Got vin yesterday and scheduled for sunday. This morning received text saying i could schedule earlier so i chose earliest date which is tommorrow. Lol now just received a text asking if they could send me an uber to pick up today. I cant go today but wow everything happens so fast once assigned vin
Did you have everything completed before they said you can pick it up early.

I also received this message on 9/12, but still no VIN. Regarding your pushed-back EDD, sometimes a VIN is assigned soon after that happens (but not always). I would expect it to bounce back to a closer range at some point, though. What's your config?
I actually have the exact same spec as you. M3P - MSM w/ Black Interior. No FSD. Bay Area.

Let's hope we get VIN's soon!

I actually have the exact same spec as you. M3P - MSM w/ Black Interior. No FSD. Bay Area.

Let's hope we get VIN's soon!
I hope so! I'm hoping to get into the EOQ rush, but I'm starting to wonder... If I don't get my VIN by Friday, they'll probably push my EDD back on Saturday morning (by the usual pattern), but since the EDDs are actually meaningless, I guess that still wouldn't rule out getting a VIN and taking delivery before EOQ... 🤷‍♂️ What I really don't want is to be de-prioritized once we get into the next quarter. I'm at the 10 week mark today...

Just wanted to say hello again. Also let you recent deliveries, or have cars already - the OEM CCS1 adapter is now on sale at the Tesla store. It looks up your vehicle by account and seems to not let you purchase if you’re not eligible. So, in case you want expand your supercharging outlets -

Just wanted to say hello again. Also let you recent deliveries, or have cars already - the OEM CCS1 adapter is now on sale at the Tesla store. It looks up your vehicle by account and seems to not let you purchase if you’re not eligible. So, in case you want expand your supercharging outlets -
And you have to have a delivered and compatible Tesla in order to purchase it. Mine will be compatible when it's delivered on Sunday and I can't add to cart until then😫.

Guess I'll be sitting with this guy on backorder for God knows how long.