Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp here we go. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Was originally scheduled for Saturday but they texted me today saying they were a head of schedule if I wanted to move my delivery date a head a little bit.

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Second EDD - 9/12 - 10/10
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
Fourth EDD - 10/12 - 11/09
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
1st Delivery date/time - 9/24
2nd Delivery date/time - 9/22

Just want to say that I work for a major brand, and if we took as long as Tesla to get back to customers via text or email, we’d just get hammered. It’s painful how slow it is to get answers
Seriously. I just got a call back from a customer service rep >5 hours after I called. At least I didn't have to wait on hold that whole time, but it still had me wondering if I was going to get the call back in the middle of a meeting or something. And it's taken days for them to respond via text message. On top of that, I've never gotten any useful information from them anyway. Just figured I'd call and ask, "it's been 10 weeks, and I know cars with my color scheme ordered after mine are being delivered, any news?" (paraphrased more tactfully of course)

Reactions: bossra95
Seriously. I just got a call back from a customer service rep >5 hours after I called. At least I didn't have to wait on hold that whole time, but it still had me wondering if I was going to get the call back in the middle of a meeting or something. And it's taken days for them to respond via text message. On top of that, I've never gotten any useful information from them anyway. Just figured I'd call and ask, "it's been 10 weeks, and I know cars with my color scheme ordered after mine are being delivered, any news?" (paraphrased more tactfully of course)
I had a near seven hour wait on hold with United Airlines a few weeks ago for an issue their website told me I had to call customer service for. Was super awesome.

Airlines get away with murder when it comes to putting people on hold and shitty customer service.

• Funny
Reactions: Tain and bossra95
I think we will get it this month, probably next week during the EOQ push. I just hate how Tesla says they don't prioritize other parts of America throughout the quarter due to transit times, and then they do West Coast during the last 2 weeks. They still do it, and I am on my 10th 2-week window. I had 2-week windows all throughout the quarter and their support says oh you should get your car since a 2-week window means it is close.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
I had a near seven hour wait on hold with United Airlines a few weeks ago for an issue their website told me I had to call customer service for. Was super awesome.

Airlines get away with murder when it comes to putting people on hold and shitty customer service.
Yikes. And there wasn't even a call-me-back option?

I think we will get it this month, probably next week during the EOQ push. I just hate how Tesla says they don't prioritize other parts of America throughout the quarter due to transit times, and then they do West Coast during the last 2 weeks. They still do it, and I am on my 10th 2-week window. I had 2-week windows all throughout the quarter and their support says oh you should get your car since a 2-week window means it is close.
Yeah, the wait itself isn't a big deal, it's mostly the
"Here are some dates that don't mean anything, you'll get it when you get it, but when you ask us when it's coming we'll just read off those dates to you, then change them, and change them again... now SURPRISE! Come get your car, and you'd better have your financing ready ASAP or we'll give your car to someone else!"
approach to "customer service" that bothers me. I think it might actually be easier if we were further from the factory, since we'd typically have a week or two to make our arrangements while the car is in transit. I'm expecting a bit of a scramble no matter how well I try to prepare.

Yikes. And there wasn't even a call-me-back option?

Yeah, the wait itself isn't a big deal, it's mostly the
"Here are some dates that don't mean anything, you'll get it when you get it, but when you ask us when it's coming we'll just read off those dates to you, then change them, and change them again... now SURPRISE! Come get your car, and you'd better have your financing ready ASAP or we'll give your car to someone else!"
approach to "customer service" that bothers me. I think it might actually be easier if we were further from the factory, since we'd typically have a week or two to make our arrangements while the car is in transit. I'm expecting a bit of a scramble no matter how well I try to prepare.
Yeah, their customer service isn't the best at times, I'd rather have no date and then get a 2-week window and get the car delivered. Also getting a VIN shouldn't mean the next day to get financing set up, it is too fast at times.

Yeah, their customer service isn't the best at times, I'd rather have no date and then get a 2-week window and get the car delivered. Also getting a VIN shouldn't mean the next day to get financing set up, it is too fast at times.
I was fairly lucky with this - I got my VIN a full two weeks before what I ended up scheduling for delivery. That's ideal - I was able to quickly shop for financing and insurance (didn't have a car prior to this so had to get insurance, too). That works out well for most people.

My other issue I've seen here is when they give you one window for delivery on short notice and it screw up travel plans. Your choice is either "accept it now or get tossed back in line" and that's not a great solution. I understand that when you automate as much of the purchasing and delivery process as Tesla does it leads to these issues, but that really shouldn't be the case.

Many companies (and definitely airlines) have crappy customer service. Although I would argue very few that anyone is about to give $65,000 to in a single purchase.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
I have been tracking this forum for a week or so now and thought I'd share where I am at.

Config: M3P/MSM/All Black interior/No FSD
OD: 8/13
EDD 1: Oct'22-Dec'22
EDD 2: Oct 8-Nov 19
EDD 3: Sep 28-Nov 2
EDD 4: Sep 5-Sep 17
EDD 5: Oct 4-Nov 8
EDD 6: Sep 17-Sep 30
EDD 7: Sep 23-Oct 7

This has been tracking very similar to a few others on this forum in the Bay Area (@LorentzTorque is one that has been very close to these dates from EDD 4 onwards and the movement has been almost lock step)

Other info
Sep 12: Received text asking if we'd like to take delivery in September - Replied Yes
Sep 18: Got a response to my text after I asked for an update saying VIN will be assigned soon since our EDD is Sep 17-Sep 30
Sep 22: Got a response to my text again after I had asked for an update saying Currently looking at EDD of Sep 23-Oct 7 and VIN is usually assigned in the middle of this timeframe

Thought I'd share my experience with dates as well as response to text messages - usually takes 6-12 hours for a response back

I have been tracking this forum for a week or so now and thought I'd share where I am at.

This has been tracking very similar to a few others on this forum in the Bay Area (@LorentzTorque is one that has been very close to these dates from EDD 4 onwards and the movement has been almost lock step)

Other info
Sep 12: Received text asking if we'd like to take delivery in September - Replied Yes
Sep 18: Got a response to my text after I asked for an update saying VIN will be assigned soon since our EDD is Sep 17-Sep 30
Sep 22: Got a response to my text again after I had asked for an update saying Currently looking at EDD of Sep 23-Oct 7 and VIN is usually assigned in the middle of this timeframe

Thought I'd share my experience with dates as well as response to text messages - usually takes 6-12 hours for a response back
Good info! Just curious what number did you text for all this info? I’m also located in the Bay Area and they have never responded back to my emails or text. The number I’ve been texting is 510-369-1159

Good info! Just curious what number did you text for all this info? I’m also located in the Bay Area and they have never responded back to my emails or text. The number I’ve been texting is 510-369-1159
I have just been replying to the original text I got when I ordered. The number is 508-504-7929. It might be because even though I am in the Bay Area my mobile number is an east coast number

Reactions: Cho22

Other info

They've given you much more info than I've received! They've never told me anything beyond what I can see myself in the app or the web page. They always tell me they can't see any more info than I can see. I don't believe them. I always get the impression that their goal is to close as many tickets as possible, especially considering that there's no customer satisfaction survey after the call.

Thanks for the details! It does make me a bit more hopeful about getting the car soon, considering you ordered the same config a month after me and have been getting actual statements from Tesla about taking delivery soon.

Just wanted to say hello again. Also let you recent deliveries, or have cars already - the OEM CCS1 adapter is now on sale at the Tesla store. It looks up your vehicle by account and seems to not let you purchase if you’re not eligible. So, in case you want expand your supercharging outlets -
thanks buddy. I just ordered one.

Reactions: julit0