Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@LorentzTorque I saw there is a MSM M3P available in the existing inventory at the same location that I am going to get mine. I called and changed my pickup location to the Colma, CA location and the car got assigned to me. I would do that ASAP!
I wish I'd seen this right away... I don't see it in inventory within 200 miles. Thanks for the heads up, though!

And congrats! 😃

I wish I'd seen this right away... I don't see it in inventory within 200 miles. Thanks for the heads up, though!

And congrats! 😃
Damn, I just checked again, and it isn't there. As soon as I saw it today, I came here to let you know! I got lucky to get the car assigned to me, they just changed my pickup location to the Colma SC, and I got the car assigned to me. I hope you get a VIN this week! I appreciate your help so much! I definitely owe you lunch sir! :D

Damn, I just checked again, and it isn't there. As soon as I saw it today, I came here to let you know! I got lucky to get the car assigned to me, they just changed my pickup location to the Colma SC, and I got the car assigned to me. I hope you get a VIN this week! I appreciate your help so much! I definitely owe you lunch sir! :D
No problem! I just happened to see it in the inventory and thought, "Don't I know someone who's waiting for one of those? Why is it in inventory instead of being assigned to @bossra95???" 😆

No problem! I just happened to see it in the inventory and thought, "Don't I know someone who's waiting for one of those? Why is it in inventory instead of being assigned to @bossra95???" 😆
It’s because I had Fremont as my pickup location. I guess Colma which is by Daly City is too far the SA said on the phone. So simply changing my pickup to Colma assigned me the car. I was going to have to order it again and lost my $250 order deposit but calling again and speaking to another SA did the trick and he saved me $250 by just changing the pickup location

It’s because I had Fremont as my pickup location. I guess Colma which is by Daly City is too far the SA said on the phone. So simply changing my pickup to Colma assigned me the car. I was going to have to order it again and lost my $250 order deposit but calling again and speaking to another SA did the trick and he saved me $250 by just changing the pickup location
I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on the inventory, then... Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: bossra95
Congrats! Looks like it was fairly quick for both of you. :)
Haha much quicker than I expected! They even texted me that my car was delievered a week earlier than expected so they offered moved up my scheduled delivery. Luckily, I worked out my financials before then. I received my check from my CU only a few days before to hand at delivery after inspection.

Took delivery today. Used one of the checklists online. Everything was perfect.

Had all ducks in a row leading up to today. Arrived on site about 45 mins early and found the car pretty quick. They had a "Congratulations" letter on the dash with my name, so it was easy to find.

Did exterior check using the checklist. After everything checked out, went inside to find an advisor. They were a little busy but a little short staffed too it seemed. Finally grabbed attention of someone and let them know I was there to take delivery and I already checked out exterior. They asked if I wanted to see inside before I accepted delivery. Of course!

They unlocked it from their computer and I went to check it out. After looking it all over, I gave the final acceptance and went back inside to receive the key cards.

After that, it was a very quick "congrats" from an advisor and I was off.

It is now in the hands of a shop to get tint, PPF (matte), and badges switched from chrome to glossy black.

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Second EDD - 9/12 - 10/10
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
Fourth EDD - 10/12 - 11/09
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
1st Delivery date/time - 9/24
2nd Delivery date/time - 9/22
Official delivery date - 9/22 @ 3pm
Well this is frustrating.

After taking delivery last Thursday, I immediately take it to a shop in Tampa to get tint and PPF installed. They needed to keep the car until Wednesday to get everything done. But now here we are with a hurricane on the way! So now the shop will need to keep it a little longer while they wait out the storm.

They said they will keep it locked up nice and secure inside their shop during the storm.

I only got to drive it 8 miles and for 20 minutes after picking it up. Such a tease!

Well this is frustrating.

After taking delivery last Thursday, I immediately take it to a shop in Tampa to get tint and PPF installed. They needed to keep the car until Wednesday to get everything done. But now here we are with a hurricane on the way! So now the shop will need to keep it a little longer while they wait out the storm.

They said they will keep it locked up nice and secure inside their shop during the storm.

I only got to drive it 8 miles and for 20 minutes after picking it up. Such a tease!

At least you'll know it will be safe, hopefully! I'm in Orlando and commuting to work this week. I spent the entire weekend and Monday washing, polishing, and ceramic coating the car, and I'm just now putting some real miles on it today. I think I may drive my wife's 2018 Model 3 for the rest of the week if my employer is daft enough to make us come in, haha. Be safe, @_COY_

anyone looking for a M3P white/white in NC or SC?

This is exactly what I ordered. This whole process makes very little sense, but maybe one of you guys can nab this!!

Attachments

• 75E82C4D-63FD-413B-A803-F96E39E80F5D.jpeg
    75E82C4D-63FD-413B-A803-F96E39E80F5D.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: t-rex266
Not interested in that particular config but wow what a useful site, thanks for linking!
No problem. I wasn’t sure what the process would be like for applying to a credit union I found, so I applied and got my account all setup. Afterward, I noticed new members get 1.00% APR off a vehicle loan but only if you apply within the 30 days. So, I applied for my loan and got 2.49 for 72 months. I don’t want to lose this rate so I’m using that website and may try to grab a MYP or M3LR. Saw a MYP come available in my state a few days ago but I hesitated and it was gone after a few hours.

I’m happy to report I got my car yesterday!! Delivery was great, it had some issues small issues with misaligned window trim and a headlight not being flush but other than that now scratches and no panel gaps. The drive home was great and I couldn’t be more happier. Thank you again @LorentzTorque for helping me find this car! You are the best.

I just need a good name for a red car!

Attachments

• 71167B07-DD1A-4B42-A50B-74969DAFD6AE.jpeg
    71167B07-DD1A-4B42-A50B-74969DAFD6AE.jpeg
    856.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2DF2355A-E4A8-4C33-A476-6053711709D3.jpeg
    2DF2355A-E4A8-4C33-A476-6053711709D3.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 80