Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats @SSBayArea! I just looked at the inventory and I see a bunch of M3LRs and RWDs available in various configs. I'm feeling very stubborn about the M3P at this point myself, but it looks like a great thing for anyone who doesn't feel like waiting any longer!

I will admit, though, I'm growing less optimistic about an EOQ delivery, given that it's already 9/28 and I still don't have a VIN...

Picked up my M3P Blue/white
On Monday, Chicago area.
Everything went pretty smooth.
Only was charged to 71%.
Car looked great, no scratches, and only one small area of adjustment will be needed by the charge port and trunk/tail lamp area, which they said they think it would be fixable.

Other than that, look like the stitching on one area of the seat was a little sketchy but she said that was normal and only so noticeable since it was the white seats.

Overall very quiet, nice, and the ride was actually better than anticipated so far.

Dumb me, didn’t know XM radio and homelink was not available but hah, rookie mistake!

Congrats @SSBayArea! I just looked at the inventory and I see a bunch of M3LRs and RWDs available in various configs. I'm feeling very stubborn about the M3P at this point myself, but it looks like a great thing for anyone who doesn't feel like waiting any longer!

I will admit, though, I'm growing less optimistic about an EOQ delivery, given that it's already 9/28 and I still don't have a VIN...
Thanks! I saw one MSM/M3P/All Black/Autopilot only available in the Burbank area this afternoon - same config as yours I believe - was too far for me but in case you are able to make the trek, maybe an option

• Helpful
Reactions: LorentzTorque
Took delivery yesterday as well. Very smooth process. They were very busy but the SA unlocked the car and said to take all the time I wanted to look things over while he finished up some paperwork. Didn't have to accept delivery until after I was done inspecting it.

Build quality is great. Found no issues. Only thing I could say is it could have been detailed a little better as there was some dirty spots, but nothing awful. Very pleased with everything and glad the wait is over!

Attachments

• 20220927_161028.jpg
    20220927_161028.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks! I saw one MSM/M3P/All Black/Autopilot only available in the Burbank area this afternoon - same config as yours I believe - was too far for me but in case you are able to make the trek, maybe an option
Aww man, what's my car doing in Burbank? 😂 It's not really practical for me to get there to pick it up (probably going to Uber to the factory because their trade-in offer was unacceptable) but thanks for letting me know!

Picked up my M3P Blue/white
On Monday, Chicago area.
Everything went pretty smooth.
Only was charged to 71%.
Car looked great, no scratches, and only one small area of adjustment will be needed by the charge port and trunk/tail lamp area, which they said they think it would be fixable.

Other than that, look like the stitching on one area of the seat was a little sketchy but she said that was normal and only so noticeable since it was the white seats.

Overall very quiet, nice, and the ride was actually better than anticipated so far.

Dumb me, didn’t know XM radio and homelink was not available but hah, rookie mistake!
Took delivery yesterday as well. Very smooth process. They were very busy but the SA unlocked the car and said to take all the time I wanted to look things over while he finished up some paperwork. Didn't have to accept delivery until after I was done inspecting it.

Build quality is great. Found no issues. Only thing I could say is it could have been detailed a little better as there was some dirty spots, but nothing awful. Very pleased with everything and glad the wait is over!
Happy belated Graduation Day! 🥳🥳

Reactions: Tain

There's a new red M3P white interior up for grabs in San Diego

Dumb that you can't redirect the $250 nonrefundable order fee to cars in existing inventory.

Just got a text from the SA. I'd mentioned the text I received stating that they expect to deliver my car in September, and shared some concerns about possibly being deprioritized and further delayed if I miss EOQ. They said the timeline has shifted to October but that my order has been prioritized and they'll reach out as soon as a VIN becomes available. Seems like a good sign.

I'm trying to get back into a more patient mindset like I had about a month ago, too. It's just kind of a slow rollercoaster when they keep moving the dates around like they have been. Makes it kind of hard to make plans. I almost went on a camping trip starting today. I had to cancel because I have some work to do this weekend, but I think I would have been a bit uneasy about possibly missing a VIN after all this time if they'd assigned it while I was off the grid. I'm not going to arrange my life around the possibility of getting a VIN at any moment, though. I'll just focus on the excitement of having the opportunity to get this car. All these waiting-for-a-VIN headaches are practically the definition of first-world problems.

Speaking of different scales of problems... I hope all of our friends in Florida are doing alright. That storm looks brutal. Stay safe, everyone.

Well, I started my first Tesla journey today after cancelling a 10 month old order (with no real end in sight) of a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe. I ordered the cheapest M3P I could, as I really only “need“ a LR. I cannot wait. I put over 30,000 miles per year on a car for work and the fact I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas. Truthfully, the reason I waited this long was the complete lack of superchargers available in rural Kansas, but now I have a little more hope with the ccs adapter available. I regularly drive 260 miles one way with no superchargers near the route. Looking forward to the journey - as long as it goes better than my last Jeep order journey!