Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. You didn't specifically say but I assume you did get a text about getting a VIN assigned? What date did you get that text? If you do have a VIN, you should have received a text asking you to schedule a delivery by now. My text about VIN assignment was on a Wednesday, I then purchased Tesla insurance that evening and by Thursday morning I was scheduling delivery for 10 days later (that was the earliest day).
Hey Nharwood,

Yeah I got a VIN on 10/11 two days after my order which was quicker than most on the thread. Felt lucky, but have yet to receive a text to schedule a delivery time. I sent a text to the SA (number that was provided when after ordering) today asking for an update. Should I call the service center tomorrow?

OOD: 10/9
VIN: 10/11
EDD: 10/19 - 10/28

Hey Nharwood,

Yeah I got a VIN on 10/11 two days after my order which was quicker than most on the thread. Felt lucky, but have yet to receive a text to schedule a delivery time. I sent a text to the SA (number that was provided when after ordering) today asking for an update. Should I call the service center tomorrow?

Yeah I would give them a call. Do you see a VIN in the app still? Upper left corner under your order ID? If there is still a VIN assigned in the app I guess you should be good. They will eventually respond to your text though.

Yeah I would give them a call. Do you see a VIN in the app still? Upper left corner under your order ID? If there is still a VIN assigned in the app I guess you should be good. They will eventually respond to your text though.
Sweet I will call them tomorrow. I have a VIN and hasn't changed. I will wait till mid day tomorrow for text if not will call

Last edited:
Hey Nharwood,

I got my VIN on 10/5 and got the text to schedule delivery on 10/12. I think it's often faster, but evidently a whole week can pass between the two. Still, it's good to stay on them about it.

Yes. Have you received any text messages from Tesla? You can text them back to ask for help. In my experience, they became a bit more responsive once I got my VIN (i.e. same-day responses instead of several days, but still slow). I had to contact my SA to get it changed back from home delivery to factory pickup. Twice.
Yea, I got the text from them today to schedule my delivery. And when I called them they told me the car is already in LA. No factory pick-up for me😢

Reactions: RJUlrich61
Do you have a recommendation on who to contact? It's been a month without any update.
There aren't any great options that I know of, but texting the SA (via the number that hopefully texted you when you first placed your order) was the main way I communicated with them. It's slow, but the only alternative I know of is calling 1 (888) 518-3752 (comes up when I google "tesla customer service") and hoping you can get through to them. I would not recommend waiting on hold. It can take them all day to get to you, if they get to you at all. Terrible, I know.

Reactions: robe4658
There aren't any great options that I know of, but texting the SA (via the number that hopefully texted you when you first placed your order) was the main way I communicated with them. It's slow, but the only alternative I know of is calling 1 (888) 518-3752 (comes up when I google "tesla customer service") and hoping you can get through to them. I would not recommend waiting on hold. It can take them all day to get to you, if they get to you at all. Terrible, I know.
I waited 52 minutes the first (and only) time I called. 😂

Thank you for the help, I'll give that a go. I did not receive any call or text after I placed my order, am I suppse to?

Thanks!

Thank you for the help, I'll give that a go. I did not receive any call or text after I placed my order, am I suppse to?

Thanks!
As long as you gave them your phone number, you should receive a welcome text that directs you to text that number back if you need help. If you didn't receive this, then you should reach out to them another way and make sure you get a text. It's a spotty resource, but a resource nonetheless.

Reactions: RJUlrich61