Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an MP3, red on black on 12/23 in Los Angeles….completed as much as I could in the app. Already have the loan approved with USAA. Really hoping to take advantage of the $7500 credit and 10,000 supercharge miles 😁
**UPDATE**
So I doubt I’d get my M3P in time to take advantage of the current Tesla offer, therefore, I went ahead and ordered an MYLR today with the same on black I wanted in inventory. I was immediately given the VIN so I could provide insurance. My delivery date is now today (27th) - 31st

Reactions: t-rex266
I’m my experience, any new car you’re going to get this year will have already finished production weeks ago. They likely already have one for your desired configuration (there’s only a finite number of combinations), and just have locked on specific VIN to your order.

After talking to a Tesla rep about my situation, I’d recommend completing any more steps if at all possible, including registration information and confirming your trade in plans.

All is not lost....you aren't assigned a VIN once they start production, you are assigned a vin once they have determined which car at their Fremont or Austin factory is going to be shipped to you. I was assigned a VIN on 12/22 for a 12/27 delivery, so there's still hope.
Thanks for this info, my fingers are crossed. I read somewhere that the "Manage" page on the web page as well as the app update around 6am and 6pm PST so I have been doing my best to check at around 6:30am and 6:30pm each day. I am slowly losing hope as I am continually let down lol. My app and account on the web both still say "Estimated delivery Dec 22" so.... 🤞

i secured a demo unit for a M3P on 12/23, Vin number has been assigned, my delivery appointment has changed from the 28th to the 30th of this month.

since this was a demo unit there are 360 miles on the odometer.
can any one tell me what this price adjustment means?

Is the additional discount of 2430 due to the fact this was a demo unit?

Attachments

• 71DCAA42-7719-46F7-B90B-C70CCE558EB0.jpeg
    71DCAA42-7719-46F7-B90B-C70CCE558EB0.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 82
i secured a demo unit for a M3P on 12/23, Vin number has been assigned, my delivery appointment has changed from the 28th to the 30th of this month.

Yes that’s exactly what it is. 2430 for only 300 miles sounds great. I’m only getting 2580 for 900 miles. I would imagine the tires will be worn in a lot

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Picked up my M3P tonight, wow what an improvement a 2023 is over a 2019 LR. The fit and finish inside and outside the car is just so much better, and it drives much quieter overall, even with the 20s. I must have stood out in the parking lot for 20 minutes trying to find anything off on the car and couldn't find a thing. Very happy overall, and good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear from Tesla by the 31st!!!

Yes that’s exactly what it is. 2430 for only 300 miles sounds great. I’m only getting 2580 for 900 miles. I would imagine the tires will be worn in a lot
When I was completing my financing today for Model 3 Performance, I noticed a -$650 "price adjustment" line item. I happened to be talking to Tesla storage manager when I noticed, and he speculated that it might be because mine was a demo. I was not informed my custom order would be a demo, so he did some investigating.

He called me back later to confirm that the car was 'assigned' to my 'new' order, and had 24 miles on the odometer. He was actually at the store and saw my actual car, which still had the plastic wrap on it, including seats, handles etc. So we really didn't know why it was considered a demo. Although I asked for more (>$650) off, he correctly reminded me that "new" Teslas can come with "up to" 50 miles on delivery. Fair point!

So I'm going to take my $650 savings and put it towards accessories ha.

Thanks for this info, my fingers are crossed. I read somewhere that the "Manage" page on the web page as well as the app update around 6am and 6pm PST so I have been doing my best to check at around 6:30am and 6:30pm each day. I am slowly losing hope as I am continually let down lol. My app and account on the web both still say "Estimated delivery Dec 22" so.... 🤞
Same here, placed an order Dec '22 - app still shows Dec delivery without any update so far.

When I was completing my financing today for Model 3 Performance, I noticed a -$650 "price adjustment" line item. I happened to be talking to Tesla storage manager when I noticed, and he speculated that it might be because mine was a demo. I was not informed my custom order would be a demo, so he did some investigating.

He called me back later to confirm that the car was 'assigned' to my 'new' order, and had 24 miles on the odometer. He was actually at the store and saw my actual car, which still had the plastic wrap on it, including seats, handles etc. So we really didn't know why it was considered a demo. Although I asked for more (>$650) off, he correctly reminded me that "new" Teslas can come with "up to" 50 miles on delivery. Fair point!

So I'm going to take my $650 savings and put it towards accessories ha.
Wow! I didn’t realize yours was a custom order lol 😂

I’m getting $10,580 off msrp ($7500 + demo discount). What are the chances I could sell the car back to tesla in 6mo at the same price I paid? I wonder what type of prices they have up their sleeve in 2023
We are well past the crazy resell/trade-in values of 9 months ago. Carmax literally told me yesterday that when they buy Model 3s, they no longer use them for retail inventory - they just send them off to the wholesalers.

I expect used Model 3 prices to further continue to drop, quickly. Especially since the RWD and all Model Ys will be eligible for the full $7500 tax incentive from Jan through March 2023, and possibly beyond.

When the standard model used prices go down, it drags down the Performance prices, too.

Reactions: southbay3
Ordered early-December (M3P/white ext/black int) to replace my M3P lease, just before they published the credits. Lease went back Dec 26. Buying this one -- just too good to not own and customize how I want. Last week they indicated delivery date Dec 21-31. But the credits seemed to work, putting sales into a frenzy. Each day the first date would increment by one, e.g. Dec 22-31, Dec 23-31, etc....until VIN was assigned last night 12/27. Finished all paperwork asap, and was assigned a delivery time a few hours ago. Waiting for the delivery to my house today as I type this.

Keep the hope if you're in line.

In NorCal 20 miles from Fremont.

Ordered early-December (M3P/white ext/black int) to replace my M3P lease, just before they published the credits. Lease went back Dec 26. Buying this one -- just too good to not own and customize how I want. Last week they indicated delivery date Dec 21-31. But the credits seemed to work, putting sales into a frenzy. Each day the first date would increment by one, e.g. Dec 22-31, Dec 23-31, etc....until VIN was assigned last night 12/27. Finished all paperwork asap, and was assigned a delivery time a few hours ago. Waiting for the delivery to my house today as I type this.

Keep the hope if you're in line.

In NorCal 20 miles from Fremont.
Congratulations, that’s awesome! I’m still hopeful, but won’t be surprised if my EDD date changes to sometime in January soon.