Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure the week of the 1/16 VIN's have started flowing for the north east at least.

I did mine on 1/16 at 8:30 PM and nothing yet no VIN. shows 2/9-3/9 window. Silver M3P as well
That sounds accurate. I ordered on 1/18 at 1pm and I am seeing the same 2/9-3/9 window in the app. M3P white/white in Virginia. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the car gets delivered in February.

Speaking of tires, has anyone gotten an additional road hazard warranty on their tires when taking delivery of the M3P? I'm used to getting the warranty from Discount Tire when I buy tires from them, but they no longer allow you to also buy the warranty for tires on a new vehicle. They were the best in the business because they don't prorate for mileage. Had a Jetta Sportwagen TDI back in the day that blasted a pothole on the highway and bubbled the sidewall on 2 tires. Both were almost down to the wear bars, and were covered in full. All I had to do was buy new coverage on the replacement tires and pay the shipping. Customer for life after that. Would like to have some sort of road hazzard coverage on the Pirellis when I take delivery that isn't the manufacturer's tire warranty.

Speaking of tires, has anyone gotten an additional road hazard warranty on their tires when taking delivery of the M3P? I'm used to getting the warranty from Discount Tire when I buy tires from them, but they no longer allow you to also buy the warranty for tires on a new vehicle. They were the best in the business because they don't prorate for mileage. Had a Jetta Sportwagen TDI back in the day that blasted a pothole on the highway and bubbled the sidewall on 2 tires. Both were almost down to the wear bars, and were covered in full. All I had to do was buy new coverage on the replacement tires and pay the shipping. Customer for life after that. Would like to have some sort of road hazzard coverage on the Pirellis when I take delivery that isn't the manufacturer's tire warranty.
I bought the warranty from Discount Tire on the same day I took delivery of my new Model 3 Performance last week.

I would think discount tire would be happy to sell you the warranty; usually warranties are where businesses make huge profits. Some of them have large markups, but even if not a lot of people never bother to claim even if they could. Personally reminds me of having to deal with an insurance claim, I'd rather just buy a new whatever then have to prove or do paperwork to redeem a warranty. Now if you know the company such as Discount Tire has an no hassle claim process that could make more sense.

But I still don't understand why people are excited to buy this Discount warranty. In my discount shopping cart its around $50 per tire? So basically instead of a warranty on 4 tires I could just buy a 5th tire. I have had some tires fail in my 26 years of driving, but certainly not one out of four. Now if the fee is the same for much more expensive tires that could make some sense. Maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe some people just enjoy the peace of mind of "insurance" on their tires?

Reactions: Travis64
I would think discount tire would be happy to sell you the warranty; usually warranties are where businesses make huge profits. Some of them have large markups, but even if not a lot of people never bother to claim even if they could. Personally reminds me of having to deal with an insurance claim, I'd rather just buy a new whatever then have to prove or do paperwork to redeem a warranty. Now if you know the company such as Discount Tire has an no hassle claim process that could make more sense.

But I still don't understand why people are excited to buy this Discount warranty. In my discount shopping cart its around $50 per tire? So basically instead of a warranty on 4 tires I could just buy a 5th tire. I have had some tires fail in my 26 years of driving, but certainly not one out of four. Now if the fee is the same for much more expensive tires that could make some sense. Maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe some people just enjoy the peace of mind of "insurance" on their tires?
I am on the same boat. I shy away from extended warranties. I guess once in a while it may pay off. Tires is even more complicated because of pro rating. Yes you are correct people like the warm and fuzzies of having the coverage.

Reactions: hintoml

Texas generally has nice roads, I think the roads in CO are going to be pretty beat up after this winter, so maybe it makes more sense in areas where the roads take a beating in the winter or where they are poorly maintained???

I have never bought a tire warranty either, however I did get one extended auto warranty on a 2000 e39 M5 I used to own as the factory warranty was ending. It paid off big time when the instrument panel lower pixels started going out about a year after the factory warranty had ended. They essentially replace the entire instrument panel to fix it and the cost to replace it was quite high. Thankfully that extended warranty paid for it.

Reactions: hintoml
Joliet Area (Chicago)
Ordered M3P Late evening 1/25 (filled out everything same time)
Estimate: Still Jan-Feb (interested to see if this changes tomorrow, or if Elon created time travel to send mine back in time to Jan)

Question for all you new soon-to be's out there. Once it does come in, my plan is to replace the uberturbines immediately (not my style). So the goal is to have some wheel/tires ready to go when it gets here so I can change them out and declare the uberturbines still as basically brand new and sell them. My budget is such that I have 5K carte blanche for the car. Going to wrap it which costs 3k. So I have 2k for wheels/tires. Looking at 19s minimum. Any suggestions?