Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You were a day ahead of me for VIN. When did they contact you for scheduled delivery date? I have a 2/12 - 2/19 EDD, but no peep regarding SDD.
Thanks!
Truthfully I know someone that is a sales associate so once I got me VIN he help me get set up for delivery. He said that my vehicle is still in transport and wouldn't arrive until 2/13 or 2/14. That's why he offered my 2/14 at 6:00 pm. I originally took that date but change my mind because I figured I really couldn't inspect the vehicle since it would already be dark so then I asked him to move it to Saturday morning. I was a hard choice but figured it was better for me since it's all the way on the other side of Houston.

Reactions: FreeLunch
Not sure if people that have received orders are still watching this thread, but for those with third party insurance (AAA for me), how long are you waiting before putting your Tesla onto the policy? I have VIN and an estimated delivery of Feb 14-21. I thought I saw some people add insurance and then almost instantly get a delivery scheduler. I don’t want to add it prematurely and possibly pay a little more when I don’t have the car.
I’m likely overthinking it since you can’t even get Tesla provided insurance until after a delivery date is scheduled. Just want there to not be any hiccups.

Not sure if people that have received orders are still watching this thread, but for those with third party insurance (AAA for me), how long are you waiting before putting your Tesla onto the policy? I have VIN and an estimated delivery of Feb 14-21. I thought I saw some people add insurance and then almost instantly get a delivery scheduler. I don’t want to add it prematurely and possibly pay a little more when I don’t have the car.
I’m likely overthinking it since you can’t even get Tesla provided insurance until after a delivery date is scheduled. Just want there to not be any hiccups.
Im using Progressive and already added my insurance and paid, its $60 a month so i may pay $30 for a couple weeks with no car. Delivery is 14-21 also.

Would like to buy T 3 Long range, but feeling pressured to buy T 3 P because of crazy rebate law. Can the price difference be justified, concerned about lower range. Are brakes an issue? Thanks all, for your input.
$4k more for more power, better brakes, stickier tires on bigger wheels, a rear spoiler, and track mode is a steal. That said, if you never take it the track, run an autocross, or drive the car hard on a twisty road, the Performance model has no advantage over the LR.

As for lower range, 18" or 19" wheels with a lower rolling resistance tire can make a significant difference. How much, I don't know, but plan to find out. I already have a set of 19" Gemini wheels for the Model 3, but I will probably go for UHP all season tires which will likely have higher rolling resistance than typical grand touring all seasons. Still, I think it should give me a noticeable bump over the 20" UHP summer tires. I'm hoping for another 15 to 20 miles of range.

Reactions: hintoml
When I checked with my insurance, they said I was automatically covered on a new car as long as I notified them within 30 days of the purchase. They would backdate the coverage on the new car to the date I picked up the car, and charge me beginning at that date.

When I checked with my insurance, they said I was automatically covered on a new car as long as I notified them within 30 days of the purchase. They would backdate the coverage on the new car to the date I picked up the car, and charge me beginning at that date.
If this was a normal dealership, that’s ok, but it looks like Tesla requires insurance by pickup and it must include your VIN on the proof of insurance.

I just received a trade in value from Tesla for my present car that is getting replaced by the Tesla $200 less than Carmax. I guess with taxes savings it would be a few extra dollars plus the convenience I go there and all happens in one transaction. I am thinking about it.
I’m doing trade in. However, after I accepted their offer they asked for a photo of dash. I assumed so they could see my estimate of the odometer is correct. I actually estimated a 1k higher since I’m using for work.
Today I got all the paperwork in an ups delivery and the odometer reading from my photo is in there about 6 times. Instructions state I must certify that it still matches ‘exactly’.
Huh? Should I have known this? No more driving my car for 2-3 weeks?

I’m doing trade in. However, after I accepted their offer they asked for a photo of dash. I assumed so they could see my estimate of the odometer is correct. I actually estimated a 1k higher since I’m using for work.
Today I got all the paperwork in an ups delivery and the odometer reading from my photo is in there about 6 times. Instructions state I must certify that it still matches ‘exactly’.
Huh? Should I have known this? No more driving my car for 2-3 weeks?
I didn't even put extra miles.. it not like I would do 1000 miles in 2 weeks... actually the car never gets used.. it is in the garage I will probably drive it the the delivery place the same day and this it.. if they buck what can I say..

Ask them it will take like 45 miles to get there (an example number) if they want to add it. see what they say..
What are we supposed to do flat bed the car over?

Last edited:
I know that wasn't required when I bought my 2018. I just had to bring proof of my insurance policy. I'll have to ask Tesla about that when they contact me with the VIN and request the payment and insurance info.
yup they wanted a copy of the insurance with the official people from registration and the VIN of the car, My insurance called it a binder.

same with my insurance. they understand there may be some days play room.. Now don't go crashing the car during those days :)

I didn't even put extra miles.. it not like I would do 1000 miles in 2 weeks... actually the car never gets used.. it is in the garage I will probably drive it the the delivery place the same day and this it.. if they buck what can I say..

Ask them it will take like 45 miles to get there (an example number) if they want to add it. see what they say..
What are we supposed to do flat bed the car over?
Here was the email response. I guess it’s all good, just don’t like signing forms with wrong data. Especially if they give my M3P to the next guy in line.
0B4ED5AF-C87B-4683-A328-AEBA6D904C53.jpeg

Here was the email response. I guess it’s all good, just don’t like signing forms with wrong data. Especially if they give my M3P to the next guy in line. View attachment 902985
Provide photos for the mileage? It will not be the same when you drop the car off. How can you take a picture of mileage with a number in the future? :p

FYI I have sold cars at Carmax and never even blinked about the few miles difference. also never asked for pictures. they took care this when I got there. Tesla I am sure sells the cars off to another dealer.

I know that wasn't required when I bought my 2018. I just had to bring proof of my insurance policy. I'll have to ask Tesla about that when they contact me with the VIN and request the payment and insurance info.
That was my experience this week. Just show proof of policy. In my case the policy was for a different car. In fact I didn’t have to show them anything in person, just needed to upload a valid policy (any car) to the app