Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my understanding is that you physically taking delivery is what matters
It does seem odd, I’m pretty sure logistics is part of the equation. There are 3 others that I know of that ordered from Colorad. They ordered I think around the 14-16th of Jan, I ordered on the 24th of Jan And my delivery date was Feb-Mar. Last I saw all our delivery dates were now the 13-20th of Feb. in fact I got a text today saying it looks like delivery will be on the 13th. Since you ordered on the 26th I don’t think you have much to worry about.

Colorado, white/black. There were 3 others in Colorado that ordered about the 14-16 and we all have the same delivery window of Feb 13-20 and I got a text today saying it looks like delivery will be on the 13th.
I live in Colorado Springs, CO and thinking about ordering. Do you know where the pickup location would be, would I have to find a way up to Denver or something or do they bring the car to a local area? Sounds like since I haven't placed an order yet, that I will not make the March timeline. Its pretty vague about whether the cutoff is End of February or end of March.

0D064DCE-490E-4387-8BAF-692D245B6F68.jpeg

Pick up today summer tires should be fun

Reactions: ccook
I live in Colorado Springs, CO and thinking about ordering. Do you know where the pickup location would be, would I have to find a way up to Denver or something or do they bring the car to a local area? Sounds like since I haven't placed an order yet, that I will not make the March timeline. It’s pretty vague about whether the cutoff is End of February or end of March.
My understanding is that in most cases can drop off at your home, or optionally one of the Tesla centers. We did a test drive up in Loveland and they were super so we decided to pick ours up from their site.

If this was a normal dealership, that’s ok, but it looks like Tesla requires insurance by pickup and it must include your VIN on the proof of insurance.
I picked up my M3P three days ago and all I had to show was the active insurance on my current car. Didn't tell my insurance about the new car until a day after I picked it up and had no issues with Tesla.

Reactions: hintoml