Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours must be coming together. Just got my text too. The time slots must have been taken quickly. I tried to get a Saturday slot but it disappeared when I tried to confirm. I have a Monday slot which works for me but maybe not so much for 2nd registrant.
Anyone have a second registrant that couldn’t make it to the pickup?

Can you change it for like later in the day or the next day? (I know and wait one extra day :) )
how flexible are those folks? I am away on vacation the whole time they put my EDD range. So depending on when they notify I will have to push it further down 😟

Ours must be coming together. Just got my text too. The time slots must have been taken quickly. I tried to get a Saturday slot but it disappeared when I tried to confirm. I have a Monday slot which works for me but maybe not so much for 2nd registrant.
Anyone have a second registrant that couldn’t make it to the pickup?
Well.. it tells me no slots are avaiblile and to call in. I have been on hold for over 45 minutes now. I clicked on the link as soon as it was sent to me which was after you guys got yours. Ugh... Putting the over under at an hour and twenty minutes?

Update: 57 minutes. Scheduled for following weekend after you guys.

Last edited:
Can you change it for like later in the day or the next day? (I know and wait one extra day :) )
how flexible are those folks? I am away on vacation the whole time they put my EDD range. So depending on when they notify I will have to push it further down 😟
I texted my support person and they were able to move it up to Saturday. Very accommodating. Will now get it even earlier than the missed time slot.
Now to schedule some tint and ppf appointments.

Well.. it tells me no slots are avaiblile and to call in. I have been on hold for over 45 minutes now. I clicked on the link as soon as it was sent to me which was after you guys got yours. Ugh... Putting the over under at an hour and twenty minutes?

Update: 57 minutes. Scheduled for following weekend after you guys.
congrats so the weekend of the 18th? well better a tad late than anything else

Woohoo just got my VIN!
OD 1/19 M3P MSM Black interior | Tampa FL
Prev EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
New EDD: Feb 26-Mar 7
I really don't understand how you, along with many others, are getting their orders before me. I ordered on 1/15 M3P MSM black interior and still have no VIN. I'm in Metro Detroit. My EDD shows 2/7-2/19, and only the first date changes every day, but the 2/19 stays. I'm getting frustrated.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how you, along with many others, are getting their orders before me. I ordered on 1/15 M3P MSM black interior and still have no VIN. I'm in Metro Detroit. My EDD shows 2/7-2/19, and only the first date changes every day, but the 2/19 stays. I'm getting frustrated.
I would go meet with someone at the local Tesla center. See if they can help you. In person always makes a difference in how much someone is willing to help you.

congrats so the weekend of the 18th? well better a tad late than anything else
Yup, the 18th. Not the end of the world. It just would have been nice if I could have gotten it this weekend with you two. I'm meeting up with some friends on Saturday and it would have been fun to show my new M3P off some but I guess it can wait. Give me a little more time to get some winter wheels and tire too I guess.

Reactions: hintoml and nickg_6
Ordered 7am on January 13th, M3P. Delivered to St. Louis yesterday, picked up this morning.
PXL_20230207_163420985.jpg

Hi All - new here and excited assuming I can get my car BEFORE I lose out on the $7,500. If I miss out on the credit, that greatly changes the value prop which may lead to an order cancellation and a $250 donation to the Tesla fund (sunk cost at this point).

M3P White/Black
Ordered: 1/26
Completed pre-delivery tasks: 1/26
EDD: Jan-Feb (when I ordered)...Feb-Mar after I ordered?
Updated EDD 1/31: Feb 27 - March 31 (waaay too wide for my liking)
No VIN yet

I scrolled through the earlier parts of the thread and wasn't able to gain clarity (not that there is any) - what is the defining point in time for the tax credit to qualify - getting a VIN, making payment, taking delivery? Unfortunately, due to the above timeline I am concerned I could complete everything (including payment) but then have delivery fall on the wrong side of the deadline.
Boom! Just received a VIN - Delivery Date now 2/24 - 3/4
A significant improvement from no news and the 2/27 - 3/31 window originally given!

Why am I refreshing the app again? I just checked it 30 minutes ago. A watched pot never boils. There's zero chance that.... I GOT A VIN! W00t!

OD: 1/21
Original EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 16
VIN: 2/8
New EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 27
San Antonio

To celebrate, here's another rabbit hole for you to go down - all of this channel's videos are fascinating, especially the Tesla tear-downs. In this interview, Elon talks frankly about production issues. He states that there are two good times to order a Tesla: 1) At launch, when they are perfecting each and every car off the line or 2) Once production has fully ramped and they've figured out how to do it at scale - aka, right now.

Highly recommend the other videos on the channel - they'll keep you occupied between refreshes.