Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on finally getting your car! I had the opposite experience with scheduling delivery. Got the text this morning to schedule delivery but when I clicked the link, it said that there were no more available delivery appointments. Called Tesla and they told me it was still in transit and to try again later in the week. Luckily, I got another text and was able to schedule delivery for 3/29. It is cutting it pretty close and hopefully I will be able to claim the tax credit.
keep checking wait for Tesla and Tesla site.

Just now it’s showing 66 M3Ps available at Waiting for Tesla. Believe it or not all 5 colors M3Ps are available on the Island!

Tesla sites shows the same too - 3 of them - Blue, White, and MSM are under 55k.

Hope you can land on one of those.

Last edited:
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I noticed the brake lights and turn signals are different than the previous Model 3. My turn signals are amber and the brake lights are the same lights as the tails. Similar to the Model Y
I prefer it this way and never seen another Tesla Model 3 like it.

Attachments

• AB3B3A66-F931-4912-A337-9A136CC38074.jpeg
    AB3B3A66-F931-4912-A337-9A136CC38074.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 108
keep checking wait for Tesla and Tesla site.

Just now it’s showing 66 M3Ps available at Waiting for Tesla. Believe it or not all 5 colors M3Ps are available on the Island!

Tesla sites shows the same too - 3 of them - Blue, White, and MSM are under 55k.

Hope you can land on one of those.
You are really on it with the available inventory. I called this morning because my first choice is blue but they told me that even though it is showing as available in invenotry in Hawaii, it is still in transit and not estimated to arrive until April 5th. Sticking with my March 29 delivery date of the MSM but will keep my eyes peeled to see if anything changes so I can switch to a blue. Thanks and hope you and everyone else are enjoying their new Teslas.

Reactions: spdline2k
You are really on it with the available inventory. I called this morning because my first choice is blue but they told me that even though it is showing as available in invenotry in Hawaii, it is still in transit and not estimated to arrive until April 5th. Sticking with my March 29 delivery date of the MSM but will keep my eyes peeled to see if anything changes so I can switch to a blue. Thanks and hope you and everyone else are enjoying their new Teslas.
Available inventory is wild. Ordered M3P on Monday 3/13, received VIN Friday 3/17. Pickup is 3/24, I didn't expect it that quick and needed to push it off as long as possible.

B

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I noticed the brake lights and turn signals are different than the previous Model 3. My turn signals are amber and the brake lights are the same lights as the tails. Similar to the Model Y
I prefer it this way and never seen another Tesla Model 3 like it.
From what I’ve read, 23 M3Ps get the good amber tails (like MYs) from late calendar year 22 onwards….👍👍🙏👍

Reactions: EM CARS
This is an update for those on the east coast with a delivery date of 3/28-3/31.

I called Tesla CS to see if I could get a friendly rep to investigate the shipping further. I got lucky, and the rep was happy to do so. The rep looked up my order number and kept me on hold for 10 mins. When she returned, she confirmed that the vehicle was being loaded on a train from Cali and was slated to reach its final destination on 3/28 at midnight. She said to expect an expedited delivery, as they want to have all the cars from that date batch picked up before the end of March. I asked if it had anything to do with EV credit coming to an end, and she said it was partially that and that they do a hard push on deliveries at the end of each quarter.

She said to expect a scheduling notice in the next 5 days.

I hope this helps others who are wondering what is cooking. Soon guys!

I wonder if I can do a power of attorney to have my buddy pick up my tesla since I will be out of town on my delivery date and they won't hold the vehicle for me. Problem is he won't have tesla insurance for the vehicle. I'm trying to figure out what I can do.
Exact same thing happened to me - I was on vacation and they would not hold the car for me. They offered to put a hold on my account, and I lost the VIN. Used waitingfortesla and saw an alert for an M3P that was in Brooklyn - ended up picking it up on Saturday. It was very stressful and not easy to hear them tell you that you have to release the VIN To someone else. Good luck - I sincerely hope the best for you.

Exact same thing happened to me - I was on vacation and they would not hold the car for me. They offered to put a hold on my account, and I lost the VIN. Used waitingfortesla and saw an alert for an M3P that was in Brooklyn - ended up picking it up on Saturday. It was very stressful and not easy to hear them tell you that you have to release the VIN To someone else. Good luck - I sincerely hope the best for you.
Thanks, hope it works out they told me to call back on the 24th to see what they can do. I'm think I'm going to call tesla cs like someone else did to see where it's at.

My car delivered last Thursday (3/16) and I only drove it 7 miles and left it for a matte PPF and tint to be installed. It was still calibrating autopilot...only 15 miles on the odometer when I dropped it off.
Tomorrow afternoon I will FINALLY have my car (exactly 8 weeks since ordering)! Good news is they left off the chrome Tesla emblems so I can install black ones. Also, in less than two weeks I will have the matte carbon fiber dash/door panels to get rid of the wood. OMG, I hope I can sleep tonight.

Reactions: Sanzen
Terrible news. I went to pick my model 3p up today, and the car had solvent pop all over the car. The detailer said he hadn’t seen it that bad before and that the entire car would likely need to be wet sanded and clear coat fixed. Ultimately I decided to deny delivery. Now I’m left without a vehicle since I sold mine last week, big mistake I know. the tesla advisor told me they would put me in a que to be a matched with a new one. Does anyone know what this means? Im so stressed now.
Meaning, your order will go back into the system, with todays lead times - you should get a new VIN and delivery date quickly.