Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Power Liftgate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted Warren and asked for some support, and it seems my control box didn't have the latest update. I popped a microSD card into the control box with an update file he provided, flashed the new update, and sure enough everything works great now!
I'd also been facing issues with mine releasing too. Sometimes it works with one press, but it seems to need a double press a lot of times. Had some comms with them about this a couple of weeks back, and they said they were releasing some updated software, so I'm a little bit annoyed to have not received this yet myself.

I'd also been facing issues with mine releasing too. Sometimes it works with one press, but it seems to need a double press a lot of times. Had some comms with them about this a couple of weeks back, and they said they were releasing some updated software, so I'm a little bit annoyed to have not received this yet myself.

Mine never worked with a single press, so this may be a separate issue? I could potentially provide you what they gave me, but unclear if everything would be compatible...

Still haven't had any issues since the update.

Getting my power trunklid from Tesla Offer installed this Friday by Calibred Customs. If anyone else is in San Diego and needs any other work done feel free to contact them. I'll post videos after installation and let you know how the installation goes.

Ok. I've been inspired by this thread and maybe Truckla to give this mod a try. I'm ordering some wire-pull lube, Torx bit kit, a trim piece removal kit (any recommendations on Amazon?). I've got a drill, obviously screwdrivers, usual wrenches / socket wrenches. Anything else I should get? I was thinking of using some 3d printing filament to pull the wires, as they're semi-rigid.

Note: I sprung for the food detector version.

Ok. I've been inspired by this thread and maybe Truckla to give this mod a try. I'm ordering some wire-pull lube, Torx bit kit, a trim piece removal kit (any recommendations on Amazon?). I've got a drill, obviously screwdrivers, usual wrenches / socket wrenches. Anything else I should get? I was thinking of using some 3d printing filament to pull the wires, as they're semi-rigid.

Note: I sprung for the food detector version.

Lol "food detector"...
<< honey I'm carrying food, can you please open the trunk? >>

Take two on the installation (didn't work after installation on the first day last week, troubleshooting today) but the power trunk from Tesla Offer still isn't working. Won't even unlatch (handle, app, or touchscreen) so didn't have a usable trunk for the past week.. and still don't. So hold off on buying this until I can figure out what's wrong. At least I still have a frunk...

Take two on the installation (didn't work after installation on the first day last week, troubleshooting today) but the power trunk from Tesla Offer still isn't working. Won't even unlatch (handle, app, or touchscreen) so didn't have a usable trunk for the past week.. and still don't. So hold off on buying this until I can figure out what's wrong. At least I still have a frunk...

If app and touchscreen don't work, that's an error with the CAN wires connected.

If the trunk button doesn't work, that's a problem with your Y connector or the buttons connected. Or both could be caused by the control box.

Do the secondary buttons do anything? They should at least make the module beep.

We tried installing this kit only to find it was missing some wire taps. We decided to just buy some on Amazon and ordered them. Once they arrived, we then spent several hours taking things apart on the car only to find other proprietary parts (not available elsewhere) weren't included in the kit. We contacted the seller and never heard back. We gave up on installing the kit and put all the original Tesla parts back.

Moral of the story: make sure the kit includes all the required parts before starting your install.

We tried installing this kit only to find it was missing some wire taps. We decided to just buy some on Amazon and ordered them. Once they arrived, we then spent several hours taking things apart on the car only to find other proprietary parts (not available elsewhere) weren't included in the kit. We contacted the seller and never heard back. We gave up on installing the kit and put all the original Tesla parts back.

Moral of the story: make sure the kit includes all the required parts before starting your install.

What proprietary parts weren't included? The only parts I can think of that wouldn't be included would be wire tapes... or cabling?

Teslaoffer.com provided me a group code for buying their auto trunk close and open product. Please pm me if anyone is interested. Here is the link and video to the product.

Model 3 Power Liftgate (Soft Closing) – Tesla Offer

P.S: I am a model 3 owner and I am not affiliated with the company.

Does the group code work for Model X hands free too?

I am trying to get a group buy going here for Model X and S.

Model X/S hands free smart trunk and Model S power lift gate

Received my kit today. Came with foot sensor. Lots of Chinese labels. No instructions.
Seller had already email their very limited picture instruction sheet.
Box has a lot of hardware that was not shown in the website pics.

Got it from autoease.com for $599.00 shipped free. Took 6 days from order to delivery.

I hope to work on installing it over the July 4th weekend depending on Texas weather.