Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like how the white looks with the black wheels. However, last week I had a white S loaner (our car is red). When driving the car looking out at the white hood and side mirrors in full sun felt hard on the eyes, especially when contrasted with the black headliner. I was very happy to get back in our red car, and I don't think I'd consider the white 3 at this point.

• Disagree
Reactions: slipnslider
The problem is California paint standards forces Tesla paint to be 'softer' than European or Japanese cars. This leaves the car very susceptible to swirl marks from bad washing techniques, which show up especially bad on black cars. A lot of S and X owners, myself included, have done a ceramic and/or wrap treatment to protect the paint.

The problem is California paint standards forces Tesla paint to be 'softer' than European or Japanese cars. This leaves the car very susceptible to swirl marks from bad washing techniques, which show up especially bad on black cars. A lot of S and X owners, myself included, have done a ceramic and/or wrap treatment to protect the paint.
How much does ceramic or wrap treatment usually cost?

Doesnt wrapping keep the original paint basically new? So you could arguably change the paint color with a wrap and have the original 10 5-10 years later if you tired of the original color right? My neighbor box an X which I swear was orginally white then had it wrapped flat black and put red rims on it. I am pretty sure it was his wife's car.

Average for whole car is probably $2000-3000. It isn't cheap. One can do just the hood, fenders, and front end for maybe $750. Doing the whole car is overkill in my opinion.

For my FR-S, it cost $550 for front bumper and headlights. For my Jaguar F-Type R, it cost $1800.00 for entire front including hood, running boards and bumper area behind rear wheels. Cost may be allot less on Model 3 since the front is very simple in comparison.