Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
The modern elegance and simplicity of the M3 dash could make the S/X dash seem old fashion in comparison.

The S/X dash design makes an ICE vehicle dash appear out-of-date.

I like both designs. The M3 interior design will make the occupants feel futuristic.
Or make them feel like they're buying this.
Robin

I would need to sit in a finished car but in alpha it looked OK at least from the pictures. Not as clean as the white one though.
Tesla-Model-3-10.jpg

Tesla-Model-3-9.jpg

(pics source: New Model 3 part 3 details this spring, Musk promises)

The cup holder area looks like a laminate to me (but I'm completely fine with the cup holder/armrest area design). The wooden plank across the dash looks a little like repurposed wood.

You can't see the full dash from that pic, and it's in relatively dark lighting, so it's hard to make any decisions based on that.

Maybe if i could get the center console in wood but the dash as a non-wood material (or just the white/black interior like in the silver reveal car i guess).

We'll see what the options are.

The cup holder area looks like a laminate to me (but I'm completely fine with the cup holder/armrest area design). The wooden plank across the dash looks a little like repurposed wood.
Pretty much all automotive wood trim in this sort of application is thin veneer attached to plastic backing for safety reasons. Thick wood splinters in a collision, putting occupants at increased risk of injury.

If the 3 "reads" like your first photo I'll be very happy (and surprised). "Minimalism" comes in good and bad flavors. Good design is (or should be) a goal that exists apart from style. While I don't like ornate crap, I know it's possible to execute "ornate" well. It's just not for me.
In the same way, it's possible to execute "minimalism" well and thoughtfully, or cheaply and badly. As in these examples.
Robin
good.jpg
not so good.jpg

The "shmobbert" pic above (in Sonny Daze's post) may be the first we've seen of a metal roof. Note the difference in color and reflectivity between the section over the front driver/passenger compartment and the rear section over the rear seats. Also, what are the white pieces (tape?) at all the roof panel edges? There's four along the windshield header, four along the divider between the two roof panels, and more along the left and right sides of the roof panels.

The "shmobbert" pic above (in Sonny Daze's post) may be the first we've seen of a metal roof. Note the difference in color and reflectivity between the section over the front driver/passenger compartment and the rear section over the rear seats. Also, what are the white pieces (tape?) at all the roof panel edges? There's four along the windshield header, four along the divider between the two roof panels, and more along the left and right sides of the roof panels.
I think that is glass - you can see around the perimeter the shadow of the support below - the white clips (or tape) is at all the glass including the rear and windshield

Reactions: Railhawk52
... Also, what are the white pieces (tape?) at all the roof panel edges? There's four along the windshield header, four along the divider between the two roof panels, and more along the left and right sides of the roof panels.
They are testing torsional strength of the car body ( as you can see on this picture, on bad roads).
Some hidden test areas in europe have roads with pavement like the Romans build 2000 years ago.