Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a set of photos such as this.....There isn't going to have to be a reveal 3. I suppose this is a release candidate.

Did the RC of the model S end up being the actual production Model S?

The ONLY think I'm hating about these RC's are the seams. They are horrific. I know I've said it before, but they are just horrible.
Recent news is the RCs we are seeing are still hand built and they are moving to automation soon. I'm sure it'll improve.

No. 67 Model 3 Interior photo courtesy of Thomas Preisler Tesla Model 3 FB group • r/teslamotors

Full album:
Tesla Model 3 Alpha Interior

30t7ti0pwb0z.jpg

All those opened windows (surely not a fault of not working AC ;) ), cars left charging, etc. and at last a decent shot of interior...
HUD confirmed ;)

clF5R4m.jpg

fhTmpVK.jpg

IRyqLku.jpg

7ETlz7D.jpg

TR8IzcH.jpg

ZbMPLct.jpg

FRej5NL.jpg
Is the guy in the 1st picture steering?.....as he follows that beautiful blue beauty.

There is absolutely no way that the Model 3 won't have a form of front defrosters. There is absolutely no way they would release such a car.
He's probably talking about defrosters/defoggers for the front door side windows (not the windshield). Windshield defrosters/defoggers are required by federal regulation, so there is no way, no matter how weird the AC system is in the Model 3, to not have a front defroster.

However, defrosters/defoggers for front side windows are not required.

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
Is the guy in the 1st picture steering?.....as he follows that beautiful blue beauty.

In this light the silver looks closer to the silver alpha Motor Trend shot last summer. Way nicer looking than some of the eariler silver RC pics. Crap, now I think I'm back on team silver. I keep bouncing back and forth between blue, white and silver. Choosing the color for my 3 is going to really hard! :(

With a set of photos such as this.....There isn't going to have to be a reveal 3. I suppose this is a release candidate.

My understanding is that the release candidates are intended to test the build process and the driving dynamics. There is no problem fitting the final interior components to the existing production line.

My baseless suspicion is that we aren't seeing any final interiors on publicly tested cars so there will be something to reveal to us in July. i mean, what about that steering wheel is 'like a spaceship'? I don't expect massive changes, but I think we're not seeing the finished interior.

Reactions: melindav and Runt8
In this light the silver looks closer to the silver alpha Motor Trend shot last summer. Way nicer looking than some of the eariler silver RC pics. Crap, now I think I'm back on team silver. I keep bouncing back and forth between blue, white and silver. Choosing the color for my 3 is going to really hard! :(

Don't worry, you'll be back on Team Edward in Episode 3! j/k :p

I actually understand your dilemma perfectly, as I was pretty set on the blue of the RCs revealed but now that the MC red has popped out it really is a dilemma, isn't it? :eek:

I need to schedule another visit to a Tesla store to see them all in the sheetmetal again before July, or the TMC event in Monterey.

My understanding is that the release candidates are intended to test the build process and the driving dynamics. There is no problem fitting the final interior components to the existing production line.

My baseless suspicion is that we aren't seeing any final interiors on publicly tested cars so there will be something to reveal to us in July. i mean, what about that steering wheel is 'like a spaceship'? I don't expect massive changes, but I think we're not seeing the finished interior.
I believe Elon was a little over ambitions about that spaceship thing.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
He's probably talking about defrosters/defoggers for the front door side windows (not the windshield). Windshield defrosters/defoggers are required by federal regulation, so there is no way, no matter how weird the AC system is in the Model 3, to not have a front defroster.

However, defrosters/defoggers for front side windows are not required.

Keep in mind that they could have a nozzle within the slot on the dash that directs air to the front door windows to help defog them. I'm sure that's what they're doing in this case.

Reactions: melindav
Don't worry, you'll be back on Team Edward in Episode 3! j/k :p

I actually understand your dilemma perfectly, as I was pretty set on the blue of the RCs revealed but now that the MC red has popped out it really is a dilemma, isn't it? :eek:

I need to schedule another visit to a Tesla store to see them all in the sheetmetal again before July, or the TMC event in Monterey.

I'm with you - Sig Red all the way. I was 100% on Blue but Sig Red would sway me.

My understanding is that the release candidates are intended to test the build pro.... i mean, what about that steering wheel is 'like a spaceship'? I don't expect massive changes, but I think we're not seeing the finished interior.

The steering wheel looks like it has a couple of little mouse balls, or capacitive type switch he's in it. They're not normal switches and nothing like the current S or X wheels.

That steering wheel has some sort of trackball like switches on it doesn't it. Maybe capacitive? Nothing like the current S or X switches.

Yah, I was going to say that. Puts silver back in the game for me.

Also, I saw a Signature Red S parked right behind me this weekend, and it looks SO much better than the picture of the 3 the other day.

That baby needs to be seen in the sunlight in person.

I really hope there's a way to see these colors in person before choosing, because they are all pretty nice, and I don't want to choose based on a photo.