Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they are having 12V battery issues on the RCs. Model S has infamous problems with 12V batteries and short life.
Interesting thought. But the MS 12v issues were over the course of a year or two. The only other thing I can think of is that it's powering some piece of diagnostic / monitoring equipment that needs to be isolated from the car, or portable. Usually those packs (if it's the kind I think it is) have an accessory outlet on them, along with the jumper cable clamps. If it's just jumper cables (no battery), then ??

Reactions: Zaphod
Does the center of the steering wheel seem like a removable cover?

upload_2017-6-11_20-59-21.png

Reactions: SteveG3
Interesting thought. But the MS 12v issues were over the course of a year or two. The only other thing I can think of is that it's powering some piece of diagnostic / monitoring equipment that needs to be isolated from the car, or portable. Usually those packs (if it's the kind I think it is) have an accessory outlet on them, along with the jumper cable clamps. If it's just jumper cables (no battery), then ??

good point. That looks like the exact model I have in my garage, which does have a battery.

20170611_210535 sm.jpg 20170611_210332 sm.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ikjadoon
Steering wheel looks like a good design to me. Steering wheel materials look like prototype build, but getting close.
The materials on the doors look nice. Hopefully they offer the headliner in a color other than white.

The white car has a much more finished steering wheel. Below the horn around what I am calling the trackbar has a finished looking piece of plastic grey trim. The blue car has some black rubber looking material and doesn't look very finished.

I hope they don't go to red seat belt release buttons. I really like my MS with black interior and dark grey seat belt release buttons. I always hated them being red.
I'm sure the red button is helpful tho if you've just been in a major collision and are dazed and surrounded by airbag smoke, and u need to exit the vehicle asap lol... Or if your underwater in a dark, murky pond / river

I'm sure the red button is helpful tho if you've just been in a major collision and are dazed and surrounded by airbag smoke, and u need to exit the vehicle asap lol... Or if your underwater in a dark, murky pond / river

When have you ever actually looked for the button to press it? All Model S have grey colored ones and no one has complained over the years. Try it next time you're trying to take it off, I might be in the minority, but I can't remember the last time I've actually physically had to look at the button to take it off....you normally just slide your hand down the belt and naturally easily find the button without having to look at it. Now putting it on may be a different story for some, but you're not in a life or death situation trying to put a seat belt on.

I really like the dark color though...like I said it's something I've always wished car makers would do...

Reactions: MarkeR2002
When have you ever actually looked for the button to press it? All Model S have grey colored ones and no one has complained over the years. Try it next time you're trying to take it off, I might be in the minority, but I can't remember the last time I've actually physically had to look at the button to take it off....you normally just slide your hand down the belt and naturally easily find the button without having to look at it. Now putting it on may be a different story for some, but you're not in a life or death situation trying to put a seat belt on.

I really like the dark color though...like I said it's something I've always wished car makers would do...
Don't get me wrong I love our all white buckles in our Model X... Was only trying to think of a way that the red button would be useful