Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the pictures of the 3 M3 (white, black, blue) at Lick Observatory, I just noticed they all have this button on the dash:

upload_2017-6-16_14-37-2.png

Which looks like a kill switch (or EMO or EPO button in industry speak). Wonder what those are for? Autonomous driving?

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3 and DR61
The freeway in that video is CA 101 southbound. The 2 Teslas were spotted going west on Willow Road (likely coming from Fremont after going over the Dumbarton Bridge) and got on the freeway from Willow Road. At time 20:04:24 in the video, after passing under the University Ave overpass, where the freeway onramp merges and the right side lane line disappears, both cars were apparently on EAP because they both drifted to the right at that point, then moved back into the center of their lane after the onramp lane merged. ;)

Otherwise, nothing remarkable to see in regards to the red Model 3 shown. I could not quite read the white number on the rear quarter window.

LOL. That's why we live in America. We're all allowed to have an opinion and our own tastes. I had hoped the new tesla design language would grow on me. Don't like it on the S or X and now the 3 and unfortunately, it hasn't grown on me yet. Tesla front ends look like Kardashian lips to me. I personally still prefer the contrast the nose cone provides. Again, just my personal taste and opinion. I understand some people love it. Heck, some people loved the Pontiac Aztec too!!
I believe in this analogy you are the Pontiac Aztec lover. Most people think Tesla's are very beautiful cars.

• Funny
Reactions: anonim1979
At time 20:04:24 in the video, after passing under the University Ave overpass, where the freeway onramp merges and the right side lane line disappears, both cars were apparently on EAP because they both drifted to the right at that point, then moved back into the center of their lane after the onramp lane merged.
Do EAP cars signal when they "drift" over? The Model 3 signaled.

IMG_1752.JPG
Not my pic...Facebook user road tripped to LA from MN and back. At the Brush Colorado supercharger came across a Model 3 covered. The user said two Tesla engineers pleaded to not to take pictures of it uncovered. They continued to see them at superchargers until Des Moines where they went different directions. It was a red RC. Looks like Tesla is putting some good miles on the RCs.

View attachment 231630 Not my pic...Facebook user road tripped to LA from MN and back. At the Brush Colorado supercharger came across a Model 3 covered. The user said two Tesla engineers pleaded to not to take pictures of it uncovered. They continued to see them at superchargers until Des Moines where they went different directions. It was a red RC. Looks like Tesla is putting some good miles on the RCs.

My question. What the heck is that Model X towing?

Do EAP cars signal when they "drift" over? The Model 3 signaled.
My mistake, you are correct, the 3 did activate it's right turn signal as the on-ramp lane ended. Driver error! There was no lane to its right to change into. The S driver followed the 3 as it moved over, also driver error.

Not an EAP error. :D