Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is it possible, taking pictures of model3 with an open trunk
...forgetting to take a picture from the backside of the car... :confused:
Detlef must have been paralysed by seeing those cars.
TheTeslaLife on Twitter

Well the cynic in me says that it's because all these pics are part of a planned media campaign, taken by Tesla employees in a certain order to reveal certain details at certain times.

All these photos in the whole thread don't reveal any big bombshells. As you say why would the taker/poster of these pics not simply walk three feet and take an interior shot? Because at this stage we're allowe to see how the hatch goes up but not allowed to se inside the back area.

I wonder if some of the Model 3 RC cars have something new visible that we don't know about and Telsa wants to save for the big reveal later this month...:rolleyes:

Heretofore I have scoffed at such a notion ..... but with the advent of concealment .... well I'm beginning to suspect there must be a reason. It follows that something is different.

Question: Are they covered only when charging? They don't drive them that shrouded do they?

Heretofore I have scoffed at such a notion ..... but with the advent of concealment .... well I'm beginning to suspect there must be a reason. It follows that something is different.

Question: Are they covered only when charging? They don't drive them that shrouded do they?
I'm fairly positive the photo that got out of the Model 3 screen while charging was a big no-no. There's still speculation on what the full range is and estimates continue to vary wildly. Imagine if someone caught a picture of a screen in a fully charged Model 3. That would let the cat out of the bag so to speak.

I'm fairly positive the photo that got out of the Model 3 screen while charging was a big no-no. There's still speculation on what the full range is and estimates continue to vary wildly. Imagine if someone caught a picture of a screen in a fully charged Model 3. That would let the cat out of the bag so to speak.
Why do you think it was a no no? What's Tesla trying to hide?

Nice custom cover ... I need one of those :cool:
Looks like the same cover that was spotted in Colorado a couple of weeks ago:

img_1752-jpg.231630

There appears to be a zippered opening by the B pillar to allow easy ingress/egress for the driver? Not sure what the louvers(?) on the rear window are for though.

Hopefully, this cover will be available from the on-line store once they add Model 3 merchandise.

Looks like the same cover that was spotted in Colorado a couple of weeks ago:

img_1752-jpg.231630

There appears to be a zippered opening by the B pillar to allow easy ingress/egress for the driver? Not sure what the louvers(?) on the rear window are for though.

Hopefully, this cover will be available from the on-line store once they add Model 3 merchandise.
I'm more interested in the BBQ grill the Model X is hauling around in the back there. lol

• Funny
Reactions: Ovulation
Add one more sighting to the list... Blue Model 3 heading downhill on the road to Lick Observatory Friday 6/30 evening around 7:15pm. Two cars; first was blue, didn't get a good look at the second (so am presuming it was an M3 as well), as I was focusing on the door handles to be sure of what I saw. We were headed up hill, so it was a very brief (non contact) encounter. Before you ask, no I wasn't driving.

For those not from these parts, the road to the observatory on Mt. Hamilton (aka route 130 / Quimby Rd.) climbs some 4,000 ft. from the valley floor in 20 very twisty miles of 2-ish lane road. Certainly a good test route, and only a few miles from Fremont.

Reactions: melindav