Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More release notes screenshots and a shot of the message when you activate Sentry Mode courtesy of tesla_raj on Twitter

Looks like blind spot warning chime and the geofenced automatic folding mirrors are part of this update as well.

2019.50.2-1.jpg

2019.50.2-2.jpg

2019.50.2-3.jpg

Starting to see a trickle of 2019.5.1 reported installs. 2019.5.x is the version with Sentry Mode and Dog Mode. I’m assuming it also includes the blind spot warning chime and geofenced automatic mirror folding that was reported on by a few sites several days back. Anyone get it yet? If so please post shots of the release notes.
Where is the joker image on your profile? Lol.

Reactions: nvx1977
Would be nice if Tesla provided an estimate of range loss over 24 hours with Sentry Mode. Also, I don’t need Sentry Mode when my car is parked in my garage. Is this feature location-aware?

Why would it need to be location aware? You have to turn it on every time you exit the car if it want it enabled. Just don't turn it on when you are parked in your garage.

How do I test if Sentry mode actually works? Break my own window?

Rocking the car back and forth? Leaving a window down and reaching in and waving your arm. If that doesn't work try opening the door using an inside handle. Or put yourself in the trunk and open the trunk from the inside once it is armed. Playing back the sound of breaking glass?

Lots of non-destructive things you can try.

Rocking the car back and forth? Leaving a window down and reaching in and waving your arm. If that doesn't work try opening the door using an inside handle. Or put yourself in the trunk and open the trunk from the inside once it is armed. Playing back the sound of breaking glass?

Lots of non-destructive things you can try.

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely try some of these things. I guess first is to get the update first. Cheers!

Reactions: MP3Mike