Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Sentry enabled. This displays on the screen when I walk near the car. The lights also quickly flash.

Attachments

• EA7B788B-FE8F-447C-B5BA-4FB79459FE99.jpeg
    EA7B788B-FE8F-447C-B5BA-4FB79459FE99.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 192
How do I test if Sentry mode actually works? Break my own window?

I’m guessing the easiest way would be to leave a window down, lock the car and keep your phone away from the car. Then go back to the car while locked and hit the door open button on the inside of the car. That would probably trigger the alarm.

Found a video on Reddit (not mine) of the Sentry Mode Alarm in action:

Description from u/Spamium
From u/Spamium:
I managed to activate alarm of Sentry mode without resort to glass breaking.
Tried to go for door handles and trunk button but nothing happened. Pounded on the glass fairly hard and it did the trick!
Yes it had full horn and flashing turn signal and sent me a push notification but those turn off as soon as I launched the app on my phone but the music kept going.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Relayer
With all three cameras recording, each camera has its own file. My car is backed into my driveway. The left most pic is the dashcam showing the street and house across the street. Middle pic is the left camera showing my BMW parked next to the 3. The right pic is the right Camera showing my walkway up to my house. It’s really dark so pics are not the best. These are all video files. But way too big to post

Attachments

• 0D64944F-90EA-4D4E-9C8D-7A513237D9F6.jpeg
    0D64944F-90EA-4D4E-9C8D-7A513237D9F6.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Slow roll out so far...
Code:
+----+------------+----------+---------+-------------+
| #  | Firmware   | # of M3s | % fleet | cum % fleet |
| 1  | 2019.5.2   | 11       | 0.64%   | 0.64%       |
| 2  | 2019.5.1   | 6        | 0.35%   | 0.99%       |
| 3  | 2019.4     | 1        | 0.06%   | 1.05%       |
| 4  | 2018.51.15 | 3        | 0.17%   | 1.22%       |
| 5  | 2018.50.7  | 1628     | 94.65%  | 95.87%      |
| 6  | 2018.50.6  | 15       | 0.87%   | 96.74%      |
| 7  | 2018.50.5  | 23       | 1.34%   | 98.08%      |
| 8  | 2018.50    | 7        | 0.41%   | 98.49%      |
| 9  | 2018.49.20 | 14       | 0.81%   | 99.30%      |
| 10 | 2018.49.12 | 1        | 0.06%   | 99.36%      |

Slow roll out so far...

Found yet another Sentry Demo on Twitter, looks like 2 guys testing it out. Seems like it is a tad big buggy at the moment with the car not alarming correctly, especially after repeated alarm states. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will hold the rollout to fix these bugs. But it seems like banging on the windows is enough to set off the alarm.

I have Mobile Service coming by for service tomorrow, I hope they can push the latest 2019.5 firmware onto the vehicle

Last edited:
Found yet another Sentry Demo on Twitter, looks like 2 guys testing it out. Seems like it is a tad big buggy at the moment with the car not alarming correctly, especially after repeated alarm states. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will hold the rollout to fix these bugs. But it seems like banging on the windows is enough to set off the alarm.

I have Mobile Service coming by for service tomorrow, I hope they can push the latest 2019.5 firmware onto the vehicle

Looking at how easy it is to trigger the music, I bet there will be Youtube videos of people going around setting off sentry mode vehicles for fun.

Why would it need to be location aware? You have to turn it on every time you exit the car if it want it enabled. Just don't turn it on when you are parked in your garage.

That’s annoying, IMHO. Perhaps in the future it will be smart enough automatically enable under certain conditions (e.g. parked in a public lot).

What if you valet your car? Are you supposed to explain to the guy how to enable Sentry Mode since it can only be done manually each and every time you park? Hmm...