Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? You're gonna go with that? Perhaps a Tesla is not for you. I don't have auto set, I have no problems getting the windshield wipers running on intermittent, slow or fast WITHOUT fear of a cataclysmic accident.

It's my second Tesla, so spare me the "maybe it's not for you" crap that falls out of the fanboys' mouths when someone finds a flaw. They got it right the first 2 times. Not as catastrophic as Falcon Wing Doors, but still a little unnecessary.

I personally think the auto wipers are much better in this 5.15 version. Right now is actually better than my BMW 335.

Which was actually my point, but apparently, I'm unworthy of ownership because I didn't want to touch Elon's genitals over the auto-wiper performance before this update.

No car is perfect, if that's my only complaint, we're doing good. But not according to some people on here. So come get my car, totally free. I can't keep it anymore because "random forum guy" thinks I don't "live" it enough.

GTFOH.

Same here, the auto wipers were marginal at best before. Now, they're pretty good, although there is still some significant room for improvement.
As a software developer myself, I understand the challenges and appreciate the progress Tesla is doing. I absolutely love the over the air updates. It is one of many reasons I bought the car. I can't see myself buying a car without having that feature.

It rained yesterday and the wipers are much, much improved. It kicked in even when it was barely sprinkling.
Not for me. Windshield is full of water and its not wiping on auto. It should just learn from user input. If its on auto and user presses the manual wipe button, it should learn that it's not wiping enough under that condition.

I can't believe they haven't pushed the update yet. First Enhanced Summon and NOA without confirmation were supposedly going to be released before Christmas. I'm still waiting.... Second the 5% increase in performance was supposed to be pushed 2 weeks ago... I'm still waiting. I really would like Elon to stop making false promise. The wait is unbearable :p

Elon has stated on Twitter recently that they roll it out slowly and then out to the mass to ensure that they catch bugs on the way. Been like this for awhile. Being on Early Access Program will probably help to get those promised features earlier, but it looks like you're not qualified for EAP.

I also haven't seen this covered, but lately, I've been getting app notifications from Tesla app (3.8.2, Android) that my Model 3 is about to finish anywhere from 60-70s% before completely done Supercharging. It used to be every time be at 80% SOC notification before notified again at 90% SOC that it has completed. Been experiencing this with 2019.5.15 and I don't recall it ever happened with 2018.49.20.

Let's face it, the video wiper sensor experiment has so far been a fail. Not dissing the car. I quite love it. But continuing to defend a clearly subpar engineering decision isn't helping anyone. Complaining about the issue, while maybe annoying, is at least pushing for it to be on the short list for improvement.

It is much improved, but still fails with light road spray. I don't think it will ever match the function of a dedicated rain sensor for this. One problem is the aerodynamics of the hood. Road spray gets all over the viewable portion of the windshield, but the area where the camera is seems to get much less deposit if those tiny drops.

You misunderstand my problem. I am aware of auto tilt. I purposely turned that on for a better view while backing up. I stated that they still tilt downward with the mirrors folded. The problem is that the mirrors fold in while the car is moving, before the car is in Park.

In a recent release, Tesla introduced location based auto-folding mirrors for people that have tight garages/parking spaces. Make sure you don't have that accidentally on for your location. My mirrors only fold after I leave and the car is locks.

You misunderstand my problem. I am aware of auto tilt. I purposely turned that on for a better view while backing up. I stated that they still tilt downward with the mirrors folded. The problem is that the mirrors fold in while the car is moving, before the car is in Park.

Even though, it could be tweaked to unfold again, once you reverse, they do need to fold when you arrive at the location you set them to fold. Otherwise the feature would be useless.

It's my second Tesla, so spare me the "maybe it's not for you" crap that falls out of the fanboys' mouths when someone finds a flaw. They got it right the first 2 times. Not as catastrophic as Falcon Wing Doors, but still a little unnecessary.

1) Trust me, not a fan boy. I have one, really like it but it's not perfect. I am familiar with the Software Defined world having been the owner of several Flex Radio System Software Defined Radios. So, yeah, I'm familiar with one step forward, two steps backwards. Tesla is doing a much better job of it than FRS did. Better does not equate to perfect.

2) what I was reacting to was diverting drivers eyes away from the road potentially causing cataclysmic accident or words to that effect. Every time you change the radio station on an ICE, look at the speedometer, talk on a phone or to passenger you are potentially and likely looking away from the road. I had a Prius Plugin Advanced with heads-up display. The speed, turns, if on nav, were always in the field of view. That should be on the next wave or refreshes of S, X, 3, Y, etc.

3) No touching of genitals required.

4) I've had my Model 3 going on 4 months. I still reach for where the Prius shifter was and the passenger visor for the garage door closer when home link doesn't. Current speed display is taking more time to get comfortable with, just a the periphery of peripheral vision.

Which was actually my point, but apparently, I'm unworthy of ownership because I didn't want to touch Elon's genitals over the auto-wiper performance before this update.

No car is perfect, if that's my only complaint, we're doing good. But not according to some people on here. So come get my car, totally free. I can't keep it anymore because "random forum guy" thinks I don't "live" it enough.

GTFOH.

No need to become hostile. Like I mentioned, it was a typo. The word was supposed to be "love." Live definitely made my post sound quite strange. And exactly what is a "random forum guy." Aren't we all that?

No need to become hostile. Like I mentioned, it was a typo. The word was supposed to be "love." Live definitely made my post sound quite strange. And exactly what is a "random forum guy." Aren't we all that?

Fair enough. I just get exhausted by anyone who thinks the car is perfect, with no room for dissent. Some of it can be worked around with planning (windows freezing in place), some is a little inconvenient, like the wipers.

16,000 miles in, those are my only real gripes. And they've at least tried to address both with software fixed, which is more than other OEMs would have done.