Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have any more confirmations about the rollout tomorrow? This would be the first time I’m aware of that they’d be releasing an update to every at the same time. I thought it was a policy to release in waves to be able to address unforeseen issues and bugs.

Former PS / CS here

It's extremely likely that the CS told him something just to get him off the phone because that guy decided it would be cool to call in and pester them on the busiest day of the quarter.

That position is the last to know about any major developments concerning software and product updates. It's also really common for people in that position to just plain not know what they're talking about, and sometimes it's too hard for some people to say "I don't know" when asked a question that they don't have an answer for.

Former PS / CS here

It's extremely likely that the CS told him something just to get him off the phone because that guy decided it would be cool to call in and pester them on the busiest day of the quarter.

That position is the last to know about any major developments concerning software and product updates. It's also really common for people in that position to just plain not know what they're talking about, and sometimes it's too hard for some people to say "I don't know" when asked a question that they don't have an answer for.
Piggybacking off this - guys, please don't call into the service centers and grill the employees about upcoming releases, software or otherwise. They don't know, and if they do know, telling you puts them at risk of losing their job. It's a super dick move, especially on the weekends like this one, where they're slammed with deliveries.

Just got v9 downloaded on the Silver Modle 3. Last weekend the MSM downloaded v9.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180930-201812_Google Wifi.jpg
    Screenshot_20180930-201812_Google Wifi.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
As I suspected when I posted my concern/question yesterday about the validity of the rumor...Tesla, from my experience, has NEVER released an update in one big release at the same time. Tesla has always "rolled" the updates out over the course of a week to three weeks to ensure there are not any critical bugs that could drastically affect the car. Always question what phone reps tell you about updates. As a previous member wrote, they don't usually have the most updated information. I'm as excited and impatient about these updates as anyone, but we shouldn't be bugging them about these types of things and many times they are probably just trying to get us off the phone so they can help customers will more pressing concerns.

Here's hoping we all get the update soon!!

Reactions: Ad_Astra
As I suspected when I posted my concern/question yesterday about the validity of the rumor...Tesla, from my experience, has NEVER released an update in one big release at the same time. Tesla has always "rolled" the updates out over the course of a week to three weeks to ensure there are not any critical bugs that could drastically affect the car. Always question what phone reps tell you about updates. As a previous member wrote, they don't usually have the most updated information. I'm as excited and impatient about these updates as anyone, but we shouldn't be bugging them about these types of things and many times they are probably just trying to get us off the phone so they can help customers will more pressing concerns.

Here's hoping we all get the update soon!!

I think we were all expecting the usual but hoping it was true. Better than the days of people parking outside the service center in hopes of triggering the update.

Reactions: mbranciforte