Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specific Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you let me know how low? I'd like to measure my jack and see if it would work

Shouldn’t be a problem with most 2 or 3 ton jacks on a non lowered car. Here’s my jack. Exactly 3”:

C07449CD-65D6-4DAD-B7AC-C23208FD5919.jpeg

Under my Ford Escape for reference (I know it’s a crossover but not to high) Lots of room:

898A121E-0502-4FD3-837F-09800D392139.jpeg

Attachments

• CFC44D47-6785-4A2A-81C2-2F9ADE8913D8.jpeg
    CFC44D47-6785-4A2A-81C2-2F9ADE8913D8.jpeg
    629 KB · Views: 66
I have a pair of RennStand jackstands (The RennStand by Safe Jack (Single unit)). Haven't used them yet on a Model 3 with ReverseLogic adapter since still waiting on the standard range model. I've used the RennStands on my Jaguar F-Type R and works very well.
those stands will work with the adapter? I can't imagine needing to go under the 3 often, would one stand and a jack be enough to rotate tires? Or do I really need two stands and two pads?

I'm trying to visualize getting the second stand under the car while the jack is under there?

those stands will work with the adapter? I can't imagine needing to go under the 3 often, would one stand and a jack be enough to rotate tires? Or do I really need two stands and two pads?

I'm trying to visualize getting the second stand under the car while the jack is under there?

I brought the 2-pak of stands. You should be able to jack up one side of rear using the Rennstand and then do the other side of rear with other Rennstand. You would need a low profile jack since the crossbar, flat jack adapter and reverselogic adapter add more height. The manufacturer also makes a jack adapter for the Rennstand that works with Model 3. Given the Rennstands work on a Jaguar F-Type R, it should be a breeze on a Model 3.
Tesla/Porsche Rennstand Jack Pad (Sold each)

• Informative
Reactions: Glamisduner
I brought the 2-pak of stands. You should be able to jack up one side of rear using the Rennstand and then do the other side of rear with other Rennstand. You would need a low profile jack since the crossbar, flat jack adapter and reverselogic adapter add more height. The manufacturer also makes a jack adapter for the Rennstand that works with Model 3. Given the Rennstands work on a Jaguar F-Type R, it should be a breeze on a Model 3.
Tesla/Porsche Rennstand Jack Pad (Sold each)
Seems strange to me that the jack adapters are specific to S/X/3 individually but the Rennstand Jack Pad Adapter is for all teslas?

Seems strange to me that the jack adapters are specific to S/X/3 individually but the Rennstand Jack Pad Adapter is for all teslas?

Per the comments to your same question to the manufacturer and their reply (ref Rennstand website product review section for the Tesla Jackpad adapter):
"Sir, I realize that there are people that are making a 3 pin jack pad for the Tesla but the center hole is actually the jack point. As I understand it, a man made a set of jack pads from wood and since there were 3 pockets, he used the three pockets in his home made jack pad. He was kind enough to put his plans out on the internet. At least one enterprising individual copied the design and started making them with a 3D printer. It wasn't necessary in the first place but now people are following along like it's required...but it is not. The three pin pad doesn't hurt anything but it isn't necessary either. That is what my research on the subject lead me to. Regards, Richard W. Bogert Safe Jack"

I need two of them right? And some special kind of jackstand too?

Also I found this one for even less.

StreetRays Billet Aluminum Tesla Model 3 Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool (Black) | eBay
Those look good. I still prefer the ReverseLogic pad. I bought 4 with the free case. I will bring them if my car needs to go on a lift, for example for a safety inspection or non-Tesla service center tire repair, installation/rotation. They are easy to use and light. I use one with my floor jack for winter tire installation.

Per the comments to your same question to the manufacturer and their reply (ref Rennstand website product review section for the Tesla Jackpad adapter):
"Sir, I realize that there are people that are making a 3 pin jack pad for the Tesla but the center hole is actually the jack point. As I understand it, a man made a set of jack pads from wood and since there were 3 pockets, he used the three pockets in his home made jack pad. He was kind enough to put his plans out on the internet. At least one enterprising individual copied the design and started making them with a 3D printer. It wasn't necessary in the first place but now people are following along like it's required...but it is not. The three pin pad doesn't hurt anything but it isn't necessary either. That is what my research on the subject lead me to. Regards, Richard W. Bogert Safe Jack"
Yes but that's not what I'm talking about. In the OP, they are making 3 different single point jack pads.
I'm still not sure how to get a jackstand under the car if you lifting it from the only jackpoint? Does the jackstand fit next to the jack?