Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Made In China met LFP accu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
283DF786-CBFE-4997-9A16-DA56629A9CDE.png
nu met plaatje:
Langzaam liep de snelheid terug, maar het volgende beeld heeft ie zeker 10 minuten volgehouden:

ben toch wel benieuwd naar de hele laadcurve van jouw sr+ mic.
Mijn usa sr+ heeft een laadcurve die in de zomer wel eens de 170kW aantikt en in de winter een stuk lager piekt maar daarna altijd steady daalt en het nooit 10 minuten lang op 80kW of een andere waarde volhoudt

Last edited:
I have the MIC SR+ I have only ever been able to charge to max 93% (380km.) After the latest update that has now dropped to 88%! Yesterday I charged from 9% – fully charged (88%) at the SuC. Max charge was 56KW but that quickly dropped to about 35KW. Pre-conditioned for about 25km

I wanted the MIC for the ability to charge to 100% to get a bigger everyday range than the US SR+ (only charge to 80%) I am pretty disappointed with this experience so far.

• Informative
Reactions: BMW740iL
I have the MIC SR+ I have only ever been able to charge to max 93% (380km.) After the latest update that has now dropped to 88%! Yesterday I charged from 9% – fully charged (88%) at the SuC. Max charge was 56KW but that quickly dropped to about 35KW. Pre-conditioned for about 25km

I wanted the MIC for the ability to charge to 100% to get a bigger everyday range than the US SR+ (only charge to 80%) I am pretty disappointed with this experience so far.

You got Musked!
Your delivery did not disappoint Elon or the stock price

ot My US SR+ showed 380km range fully charged on the day it was delivered. Today after 33k km and 13 months it is at 346km fully charged. It still can do max charge @120kW for marketing purposes with SoC between 10 and 15%. See my charging curve in #141

Have you tried to charge during the night at home or another slow public charger? Will it also stop before 100% in those cases? It is recommended to charge the battery of the M3 SR+ MiC from 10% to 100% a few times on a slow charger.

Have you tried to charge during the night at home or another slow public charger? Will it also stop before 100% in those cases? It is recommended to charge the battery of the M3 SR+ MiC from 10% to 100% a few times on a slow charger.
Yes I have tried that on a street charger twice from about 12% and it seems to make no difference. I hope a software update solves this as I read this is a problem for a lot of people with this car.

A small update. I charged on an 11kw yesterday. It charged to 91% (full) I then drove 300m to a parking spot and left it overnight. It was at 97% this morning. The car seems to have done some sort of calibration. I also read on a German forum that an update is coming in about 8 weeks that will address the SuC speed and battery calibration. I hope so!

A small update. I charged on an 11kw yesterday. It charged to 91% (full) I then drove 300m to a parking spot and left it overnight. It was at 97% this morning. The car seems to have done some sort of calibration. I also read on a German forum that an update is coming in about 8 weeks that will address the SuC speed and battery calibration. I hope so!

Let's hope so. I have no problem charging my car to 99%. Yesterday I drove 2+ hours before supercharging with SoC 14%. It jumped right to 92kW only to jump right back to 60kW to stay there.

What was striking was that only after 75 minutes of driving at the highway the battery was sufficiently warmed up. Granted, it was cold yesterday (4 degrees celsius) but far from freezing.

How could you tell that the battery was sufficiently warmed up for supercharge?

I assume (indeed, one can never be sure) it was because:

1. after 75 minutes all the dashed lines on the energy-indicator had left, suggesting the battery reached its correct temperature
2. after that moment I still drove about 50 minutes before supercharging. If 2= hours of highway driving doesn't do the trick then what will?

What I know from my experience with scan my tesla and my S85 is that the dashed lines do not say anything about the pack reaching ideal temperatures for supercharging. If the pack does not heat up 35 degrees and above you will not get a good supercharger speed. Hence uncle bjorn talks about the heat in the pack needing to be 40 to 45 degrees to get the highest charge rate on his M3P.
With this 100km/h limit in the Netherlands it is very difficult to get the temperatures up. Autobahn blasting helps a lot for instance there you can achieve these temps in about 60km of driving.

What I know from my experience with scan my tesla and my S85 is that the dashed lines do not say anything about the pack reaching ideal temperatures for supercharging. If the pack does not heat up 35 degrees and above you will not get a good supercharger speed. Hence uncle bjorn talks about the heat in the pack needing to be 40 to 45 degrees to get the highest charge rate on his M3P.
With this 100km/h limit in the Netherlands it is very difficult to get the temperatures up. Autobahn blasting helps a lot for instance there you can achieve these temps in about 60km of driving.

The LFP has three disadvantages:
1 - It needs more energy to heat up than the battery of the US model 3 SR+ because it is 130Kg havier
2- The capacity to gererate heat is the same as the US model 3 SR+
3- The structure of the batterie (prismatic cells instead of cilindrical) makes distributing the heat more difficult
4- The batterie has low internal resistance, so driving at 100km/h doesn't heat up the batterie much.

I did notice a big difference in charging speed after driving 150km/h for 1 hour. Also JoJo driving helps. But it is a stupid solution....

Because of these reasons I actually don't think that there will be a magic update that will solve the problem. Because it is the hardware that limits the heating of the batterie.

Just kidding, but I would still say that over two hours of driving should be sufficient, no?
Do we know how the cooling/heating system of the LFP prismatic battery pack is made?

I believe that I read somewhere that it was done from below the cells ... maybe driving at (somehow) high speed is counterproductive for the battery heating in cold temperatures because of the air cooling down the battery pack from below?

It would be great to see Sandy Munro detail a TM3 LFP battery pack but since they don't sell those in the US, it won't probably happen.

I think driving fast is the only way to heat up the LFP batterie. On this german site (Neuer LFP Akku der SR+ / Reichweite, Kapazität, Laderaten) are some examples. It 's also my own experience.

I would like to see Bjorn Nyland doing a 1000 km test with the LFP. He drives "normal" speed in Norway. He can't heat up the batterie by driving 150km/h.

Tesla now says that the update for LFP (improving charging speed and solving BMS problems) is expected in week 8 2021. I would like to hear from other people if they have other information.

Update van Tesla. Ik had gegevens doorgestuurd van een laadsessie nadat ik dus 182km had gereden voordat ik ging superchargen met een SoC van 14%, geen stallpairing, buitentemperatuur 4gr. en niet boven de 60kW uit kwam:

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 10.04.32.png

Oftewel: de LFP batterij heeft héél veel moeite met lage temperaturen en is bijna niet warm te krijgen. Ik wacht met smart op de update.

Update van Tesla. Ik had gegevens doorgestuurd van een laadsessie nadat ik dus 182km had gereden voordat ik ging superchargen met een SoC van 14%, geen stallpairing, buitentemperatuur 4gr. en niet boven de 60kW uit kwam:

View attachment 631087

Oftewel: de LFP batterij heeft héél veel moeite met lage temperaturen en is bijna niet warm te krijgen. Ik wacht met smart op de update.
Ik hoop dat je deze Update niet pas volgende winter kan uitproberen.