Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
140km wouldn't even cover my drive to workand back. I would have to charge when I got there. My commute is 146km but then you add in delays, traffic, drive through for coffee n muffin and carpool pickup / drop off.

Gotta hold out for a long range.

I believe Canada still has the SR+, rated for about 400 km of range. This thread is for the SR (or as some call it, the SR-) which was a cheaper version temporarily created to qualify more expensive vehicles for the Canadian Federal incentive.

Honestly, it sounds stupid. They legally sell SR+ with the incentive. It doesn't make sense for the SR- to not be able to upgrade to SR+ if they changed their mind.
Tesla has stated that they will never offer a range unlock for the SR-, specifically to dissuade people from ordering that model. If people decided to buy it anyway and have regrets later, that’s on them not Tesla.

Tesla has stated that they will never offer a range unlock for the SR-, specifically to dissuade people from ordering that model. If people decided to buy it anyway and have regrets later, that’s on them not Tesla.
We don't have regrets. We're just not happy we're not given the full 150KM range. Every bit of range counts when you only have so much. We're susceptible to uncalibrated battery, degradation with no way to fix such.

We don't have regrets. We're just not happy we're not given the full 150KM range. Every bit of range counts when you only have so much. We're susceptible to uncalibrated battery, degradation with no way to fix such.

As are all short range EV owners.

My 2018 Smart ED is ~17.6 kWh of storage for $36K Canadian - $13K rebate at that time.
Your Model 3 SR- is ~19 kWh of usable storage for $44K Canadian - $5K rebate at that time.

You willingly paid twice the price (post rebate) for a car with similar usable battery capacity.

Range must have made a small factor in your purchase, there must have been a significant reason to purchase a nurfed Tesla vs any other brand with much higher range for $40K (or a lot less).

Your lack of happiness is a function of making a fundamental choice which you now have a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done (ie the definition of "regret"), namely, Tesla not changing the agreement after the fact to your advantage (not theirs).

Enjoy your 100 km range in great weather, 80 km range in poor weather Tesla.

While our Model S reports 414 km when fully charged, we normally get 300 km at highway speeds and 250 km in the worst winter days, this is just a function of the EPA rated range vs the actual amount of energy needed to propel the car and condition the cabin and battery pack in varying conditions.

They don't offer an unlock. (Rumor is their agreement with the government to allow it to be approved was that they would never unlock a SR- to a SR+.)

At the bottom of this article, the author says that it has nothing to do with law. Tesla just wanted to make it an undesirable option.

Now that they’re in the wild, I would think they would offer the upgrade soon. Revenue to be had...