Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unlocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see this discussed here yet. There was a Android app called Model 3 Unlocked that disables the stability and traction control but keeps the ABS. Unfortunately it was removed from the App store and the developer says he doesn't see it being available again in the foreseeable future. Anyone else using it?
full

I managed to get it before it disappeared, it absolutely works and is a ton of fun. Car can break wheels loose super easily, way more freedom compared to Track Mode - though you lose regen and it feels super weird to use brakes this much :D

Yea I grabbed it too. Didn't know it is taken down now. Anyway here is a short review I posted on another site also.

Just downloaded the Android version and tried it on my m3p.

We had a snowstorm Saturday and I was running around in track mode then. It would let the car slide some and sort of do donuts even. However was weird to have the car running the cooling fans when it was 20 degrees F outside and I seemed to be really chewing through some KWHs.

Anyway the app definitely worked!

Connected it my Obdlink mx and pressed the button and immediately got the warning messages on the display. Drove over to a hardpack (icy) road and tried it out. Definitely different driving with no regen.

On the icy road it would lite up front and rear tires with any significant throttle. However, I do think something was still limiting the amount of energy to the wheels. It was slippery enough that I should have been easily able to spin the wheels up to serious speed very quickly. The wheels would break traction (and the car would walk a little sideways while also accelerating) right away but no zing the speedo to 100mph like I would expect without any nanny. Probably a good thing but still not totally unrestricted it seems.

At an intersection (this is rural area no traffic) it would easily do donuts even though I have the AWD. It would in Track Mode also in the snow btw. But does seem a little more willing.
20200120_154836.jpg

I tried it out yesterday and it works just as well as disconnecting a sensor in terms of turning off TC and SC but keeping ABS and steering working as normal is a big benefit.

I don't think it's limiting power at all. It feels the same as pulling a sensor and when I did that last time I could see on Scanmytesla that I was getting full power from the front and rear motors when flooring the throttle (roughly 35/65 split).

Reactions: Ryefry
I tried the app, doesn't seem to connect to my vehicle says device not ready. BT is connected to the model 3 and selected as well. In Park, just says can't connect.

Are you connecting this to the Tesla bluetooth or to a bluetooth OBD reader?

You need an OBD reader wired to the Tesla to use this, from what I can tell.

Someone should post this apk for inquiring minds... (also wouldn't mind a PM ;) )