Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your consideration I submit my birthday cakes for 2014 and 2015:
IMG_1713.JPG IMG_4288.JPG

2.5 years here, see signature, but it was the last month waiting for the car to cross the pacific that was the hardest part.
I actually think that the last week was the hardest! Remember that the shipping company decided to lock the dock workers out at zero notice, delaying my car from being pre-delivered despite having been here for a month or so. My insurance was already arranged and so is now out of sync by a week or so from the delivery date.

Mine moved from 2019 to late 2018 for first production and AWD - I think Tesla is trying to extend the EV tax rebate for US customers beyond the qtr when they hit the 200k US EV limit by sending cars overseas.

IMG_0411.PNG

Reserved on March 31, 2016 in the US on the night of the reveal when the number on the board was at ~ 110k reservations.

Mine moved from 2019 to late 2018 for first production and AWD - I think Tesla is trying to extend the EV tax rebate for US customers beyond the qtr when they hit the 200k US EV limit by sending cars overseas.

View attachment 280097

Reserved on March 31, 2016 in the US on the night of the reveal when the number on the board was at ~ 110k reservations.

Is that for Aus delivery? I had heard Canada had been pushed forward.

Last year I had my fingers crossed that they would push forward international deliveries during the ramp so they could hit the 200K US trigger when they had reached full production. Wish someone had asked when they thought they would hit 200K in the earnings call but I thought they will hit it next quarter unless they virtually stop all US deliveries for the next 4 months? I can’t see this affecting Aus much now though as once they hit the cap surely 90+% of production will go to the US till they deliver all reservations.