Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday I decided it was time to remove swap my all seasons tires/wheels (mounted on the factory 20" performance wheel) back and remove my Ohm Lightning wheels with the Michelin winter tires. Haven't really driven much since March and summer is creeping up on us already.

All four wheels were stuck to the hubs and I could not yank them loose! I had to use a BFH with several whacks to get the wheels off. Now I'm concerned something wasn't right, because I remember too that they took many turns to torque down correctly when I installed them. What could have happened here, was something not machined correctly, and did they not mate correctly to begin with? I don't think I want to put them back on again!

Pics of wheel and hub attached.

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Hub.jpg
    Hub.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 164
So yesterday I decided it was time to remove swap my all seasons tires/wheels (mounted on the factory 20" performance wheel) back and remove my Ohm Lightning wheels with the Michelin winter tires. Haven't really driven much since March and summer is creeping up on us already.

All four wheels were stuck to the hubs and I could not yank them loose! I had to use a BFH with several whacks to get the wheels off. Now I'm concerned something wasn't right, because I remember too that they took many turns to torque down correctly when I installed them. What could have happened here, was something not machined correctly, and did they not mate correctly to begin with? I don't think I want to put them back on again!

Sorry to hear about the issue, can you please send me an email and so we can look into this and get this figured out for you asap? Thank you! [email protected]

it looks to me like that the wheel doesn’t have the proper hub lip clearance. I would also wire brush your hub and throw on some anti seize to help prevent rust hub syndrome lol.

Late post, but got my Stance SF07's from Jason at GYW a few months back...

The rims are 19x8.5 +35 square setup wrapped in General GMAX RS 245/40/19 summer rubber. They are flow-forged and a few pounds lighter than the Tesla 19" Sport wheels. Loving them more and more especially with my recent Eibach Pro-Plus kit install. :D

IMG_3603.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3599.JPEG
    IMG_3599.JPEG
    546 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3605.JPEG
    IMG_3605.JPEG
    524.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3606.JPEG
    IMG_3606.JPEG
    601.2 KB · Views: 143
Late post, but got my Stance SF07's from Jason at GYW a few months back...

The rims are 19x8.5 +35 square setup wrapped in General GMAX RS 245/40/19 summer rubber. They are flow-forged and a few pounds lighter than the Tesla 19" Sport wheels. Loving them more and more especially with my recent Eibach Pro-Plus kit install. :D

View attachment 572271

Those look fantastic, the SF07 suite the Model 3 perfectly, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: NJturtlePower