Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i would like the black Model 3 with the cheapest wheels available, so I can place my own wheels and tires. I want my M3 to be different therefore I will go with the 19 inch Vossen CV5 graphite, they are super lightweight and look good :cool:. They will look awesome with the ultr-white interior (if it is an option) :D

20in_vossen_matte_grey.jpg

I like more sporty, open wheels so would definitely take the first one here. Yes, the aero ones get you some miles but after suffering through freakin hub caps on my Leaf I just want my car to look less utilitarian. Whatever I end up with, they will also be promptly plastidipped gloss black the moment I get the car home.

I know smaller wheels have advantages, but I just can't get past how much better bigger wheels look. After they reversed out the lighter black vs darker black areas on the Aeros and made them smaller, they just don't have the same appeal and it is bumming me out.

Wonder if this set of new forged 21" Arachnid wheels would fit ... sometimes bigger looks better. :cool:
Seriously, the Model S 19" wheels should fit the Model 3 and will try to confirm at the launch event.

IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: bozo
According to the same guy who took those close-up interior shots of the Model 3 (and the first shot of an open charge port) at the San Mateo Superchargers last month, a Tesla engineer told him the aero wheels are indeed removeable covers:
Just confirmed with Model 3 engineer that the aero wheels snap off and on • r/teslamotors

I like the Aero wheels, that is until I can get my own (Vossen v5) :eek:. Concave+lightweight 20" wheels are gonna look so nice on the Model 3, and get me the extra miles (win-win):p

Wonder if this set of new forged 21" Arachnid wheels would fit ... sometimes bigger looks better. :cool:
Seriously, the Model S 19" wheels should fit the Model 3 and will try to confirm at the launch event.

View attachment 237198 View attachment 237199
I'm sure they will fit the same mounting pattern and hopefully same/similar offsets. Only issue would be the overall diameter difference. The 21" most likely will end slightly larger so speedometer will be off some unless mount lower profile tires to compensate.

i would like the black Model 3 with the cheapest wheels available, so I can place my own wheels and tires. I want my M3 to be different therefore I will go with the 19 inch Vossen CV5 graphite, they are super lightweight and look good :cool:. They will look awesome with the ultr-white interior (if it is an option) :D

View attachment 236752

i agree with choosing your own set up however Vossen are not a lightweight wheel. They are a very average one piece/cast wheel that has above average looks.

Last edited:
i agree with choosing your own set up however Vossen are not a lightweight wheel. They are a very average one piece/cast wheel that has above average looks.

I will find something lightweight similar to the Vossen (I like their designs);). I'm unsure, but I do know I am looking for an aftermarket concave design, that is lighter than the Tesla wheels offered (29 lbs.):p. I was looking here, but any input would be appreciated;).

@graphic, I have been on TSportline's website several times, I was thinking about the 19'' Gloss Black Turbine rims with summer tires. They have that as a package for, I think, $3,200. If the upgraded 19s for the 3 are cheaper than that, then I will have them powder coated gloss black. I contact a shop that does this kind of work and they charge about $600 to $700 for the set.

Reactions: graphic
According to the same guy who took those close-up interior shots of the Model 3 (and the first shot of an open charge port) at the San Mateo Superchargers last month, a Tesla engineer told him the aero wheels are indeed removeable covers:
Just confirmed with Model 3 engineer that the aero wheels snap off and on • r/teslamotors
Then tesla should provide them in either standard polished metal, or at least match the body color of your car. The dark grey/plastic look is tacky and a lame trend. Looks like a modded out rice racer wheel.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
@graphic, I have been on TSportline's website several times, I was thinking about the 19'' Gloss Black Turbine rims with summer tires. They have that as a package for, I think, $3,200. If the upgraded 19s for the 3 are cheaper than that, then I will have them powder coated gloss black. I contact a shop that does this kind of work and they charge about $600 to $700 for the set.

I just realized those 19'" Turbines on TSportline's website just might be the way to go...If they fit the Model3, or like you said, "If the upgraded 19s for the 3 are cheaper than that." I would definitely love to try :D.