Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Window tints acceptable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello can anyone with window tints on there Tesla show me photos of the finish look. Just had mine done and not happy with how big the gaps are, the tint business said it was normal to leave a gap which I get but surely not as big as mines

Thanks in advance
IMG_3083.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3081.jpeg
    IMG_3081.jpeg
    531.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 15
My model 2018 model 3 that I had tinted 1 week after pickup, which was december of 2018, by a local tint shop to me that I have been using for close to 20 years. Note that this tint is 5.5 years old at this point:

IMG_0889.JPG

My wifes model 2022 model Y done by the same shop:

IMG_0890.JPG

These were hand cut, not machine cut.

Hello can anyone with window tints on there Tesla show me photos of the finish look. Just had mine done and not happy with how big the gaps are, the tint business said it was normal to leave a gap which I get but surely not as big as mines

Thanks in advance View attachment 1028453
Oh heck no, I didn't have any bubbles of specks under the tint. My tinting was machine cut and extended to the edge of the class. That is just ugly!

Reactions: buckets0fun
There is usually a small gap left around the edges so the repeated opening and closing of the window doesn't wear on the edge of the tint and eventually cause it to peel. It should be hidden by the weatherstripping when the window (door) is closed.

It's a little hard to gauge just looking at pictures, but I'd say the gap on yours is unacceptably large and I'd be unhappy with it.

The question is, does the gap show when the doors are closed?

UPDATE:
Took the car back they said will change them.
As they removed the rear window tint it removed about half of the window defroster lines. They have said they will pay for a new window fitted by Tesla. Does anyone have any idea how much that will cost? I’ve put a service request on the app.