Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Window Tints and Clear bra in Southern California recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
I finally got the call Saturday and my car will be ready for pickup this Friday (2016 reservation)

I read a lot about people getting PPFs on their car, and I was interested in perhaps getting the bumper done (if people think its necessary). I would love to get the whole front of the car done, but.... I'm financially pretty spent out after I pay for the car haha.

As I don't have my car yet, I have no idea how hot it will be, do people recommend getting a tint?

Sorry if I'm getting ahead of myself, but I've been driving the same car for the last 16 years with no AC, waiting for tesla to give me the green light.

Does anyone have recommendations for places in Socal with prices?
Thank you for your time and consideration!

I'm interested in the same info.

Concours Auto Spa is supposed to be good: Auto Detailing Service | Concours | Los Angeles CA,
... and there's some discussion about them on this forum: Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

Bemaro Specialty Films has had some good things written about them: https://www.bemarofilms.com/
Here's an example of a nice review: Recommendations for Clear Bra/XPEL - So Cal

It seems like most installers use either Suntek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate for the film. I found this discussion helpful on that topic: Suntek vs Xpel?

But I'm also interested in other really high quality options and pricing around Orange County, since I'm hoping to line up something quickly after taking delivery of my car (which remains a bit of an unknown).

I'm interested in the same info.

Concours Auto Spa is supposed to be good: Auto Detailing Service | Concours | Los Angeles CA,
... and there's some discussion about them on this forum: Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

Bemaro Specialty Films has had some good things written about them: https://www.bemarofilms.com/
Here's an example of a nice review: Recommendations for Clear Bra/XPEL - So Cal

It seems like most installers use either Suntek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate for the film. I found this discussion helpful on that topic: Suntek vs Xpel?

But I'm also interested in other really high quality options and pricing around Orange County, since I'm hoping to line up something quickly after taking delivery of my car (which remains a bit of an unknown).

I spent most of the day calling around for tints and clear bras, I've found some good places for tints, clear bra not so much, prices are varying wildly.

39FC07D5-14C9-49F3-8EA9-CA40BB386A53.jpeg
680EA40D-D731-4401-AE4F-42152A84E6BF.jpeg
189396E1-5817-4F7A-8CF4-D1D7E3ED1CB5.jpeg
I got my tint + clear bra + chrome delete + ceramic coat + powdercoat wheels + calipers painted + CF spoiler all done at RPM Tesla here in Orange County

+1 on great looking car and also interested in the tint %, I’m in North Cal waiting for a white M3D, was just looking up CA regulation and wonder if everyone follows the front 70% rule, I’ve seen some images / clips showing the different tint level but have definitely seen darker fronts on the road.

Got PPF done at Premier Auto Armor in Corona. I got the bumper in Xpel and they threw in the headlights and side mirrors for free. The quality of the work was excellent and I got the coverage I wanted for $500. The team had won some Xpel install competitions and are good at what they do.

Got my tine at Mr Tint in Norco. Got ceramic tint for $500 and was 1 piece rear windshield. Very happy with the quality and price was better then most for the type of tint.

Hey guys, so we didn't get a response from Panda, but I did some shopping around yesterday and today, I talked to the owner of a tint shop in OC whos a licensed 3m installer (he loves teslas too) and I asked him if he might be interested in offering a group buy, which he said he would! He does window tints as well as PPFs. If you guys are interested send me a PM and if we get enough interest, I can maybe start organizing a group buy.

Edit: I got a message, forgot post the shops name, its called Rodz Tint Shop in Fountain Valley reviews look good on Yelp, They apparently had a shop somewhere up in LA, and this like a branch off or whatever.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply... was busy all day.

Your car looks great! any chance you have a price breakdown? also what tint level % did you go with?

If I remember correctly in 90% on the windshield + 50% on front and rear roof + 30% on the front and rear windows. Also the rear roof is one single piece.

how much total?

It was a lot, I probably could’ve saved doing the ceramic coat myself. However it was more convenient driving my car straight from delivery via side streets (so zero rock chips) to RPM Tesla where they did a quick paint correction detail (get rid of any swirls, light scratches, imperfections) prior to clear bra and ceramic coat.

Tint and clear bra came out great... everything was spot on with install.

I went with them since my regular tint guy told me he would have to pry panels to properly tint... RPM didn’t have to do any of that... they’ve done many Mode 3’s since mine.

Pricing break down is all on RPM’s website.

Damn... I now regret not ordering the performance upgrade. That looks sweet.

Mine isn’t the performance model... it’s just the regular long range model... although I do have mountain pass/ KW coil-overs on order:)

@pandam3

Can you comment on the quality of RPM Tesla’s clear bra install? Wrapped edges and the film wasn’t pre-cut with lots of seams? Trying to compare their installation quality to designated PPF places. Thanks.

The whole front end is wrapped... so the hood is wrapped around the edges however the rest is precut. However everything is centered properly... they actually subcontract to a dedicated installer for it. If you go the their install shop it’s all Tesla’s getting done.

I used to have another go to dedicated shop that I had 5 previous cars done at. However he started prying panels on my friends cars to tint leaving pry marks. When I asked him how he would do my Tesla, he said he’d have to pry panels.

Rpm on the other hand has done many Tesla’s and no panels need to be pry’d so no pry marks.

Hey guys, so we didn't get a response from Panda, but I did some shopping around yesterday and today, I talked to the owner of a tint shop in OC whos a licensed 3m installer (he loves teslas too) and I asked him if he might be interested in offering a group buy, which he said he would! He does window tints as well as PPFs. If you guys are interested send me a PM and if we get enough interest, I can maybe start organizing a group buy.

Edit: I got a message, forgot post the shops name, its called Rodz Tint Shop in Fountain Valley reviews look good on Yelp, They apparently had a shop somewhere up in LA, and this like a branch off or whatever.

Make sure he can do the rear window with one single piece of tint also make sure he’s not gonna pry any interior panels and leave pry marks.

Make sure he can do the rear window with one single piece of tint also make sure he’s not gonna pry any interior panels and leave pry marks.

Yeah I asked about this cause after I read on a lot of other forums. I confirmed Rodz Tint shop will do it one single piece. I'll call them tomorrow and try to negotiate group buy pricing, but.. I'm a bit new to the forum, where would I post something like that?

contact Tim @ Adonis detail

I will also be going to Tim at Adonis in SD. Or if I feel a little crazy and pick my car up at the Factory in Fremont I will go to Premier.

Both do 100 custom installs. No pre-cuts. Wrapped and tucked edges. Don’t get any better than these two companies in SoCal or NorCal.

They offer the best film IMO Clearguard Nano SR and Photosync tint. I have had Xpel Ultimate in the past but don’t want the orange peel again. It held up well I just think there are better options these days.

I live about 20 mins from RPM but I still think it’s worth the drive to go to one of these other guys for tint and clearbra. I’m a little OCD though.

I know a few HS kids that actually work at RPM. I think they actually worked on PandaM3s car if he is the same guy who posted up a video on YouTube last week? I saw one of them installing the center console wrap.

Reactions: dek526