Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Please check out the latest TMC Podcast (#13) where we discussed new Model Y launches, Tesla improving service, nationwide EV charging expansion, and viewer comments from previous episodes YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Model 3/Y Projector Headlight Disassembly

Navak

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

Came across this video on a YouTube: 2021-2022 Tesla Model 3/Y Matrix LED Projector Headlight Disassembly
The new project headlight looks very impressive!

Also, a quick googling brought me to Samsung website : Samsung Introduces PixCell LED for Intelligent Headlight Systems to Enhance Road Safety
Looks like matrix led board is from Samsung,

Screenshot 2022-01-12 110645.jpg

Samsung-PixCell-LED_image-1-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RocDeef and ucsdsig
Hey guys,

Came across this video on a YouTube: 2021-2022 Tesla Model 3/Y Matrix LED Projector Headlight Disassembly
The new project headlight looks very impressive!

Also, a quick googling brought me to Samsung website : Samsung Introduces PixCell LED for Intelligent Headlight Systems to Enhance Road Safety
Looks like matrix led board is from Samsung,

View attachment 754980

View attachment 754981
I too had read somewhere that Samsung had been contracted by Tesla to supply upgraded headlights, but it looks like while Samsung has the main contract, Samsung supplies primarily the LEDs, with the electronics designed by HELLA (HQ Germany) (owned since August 2021 by Faurecia, located in France), as evidenced by the circuit board layout ID.
I thought I had read that Samsung had acquired HELLA, which is a storied headlight vendor, but that's not the case.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC