Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3s popping up everywhere!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw 3 Model 3 in the same parking lot level. And this is not a typical silicon valley company, Model 3 is like wildfire in bay area.

IMG_4965.JPG

Since easter I saw 3 M3 in the wild outside (!!!) of CA.
Tue. white on I-5 near Portland WA
Sat. red on I-94 near Madison WI
Mon. midnight silver on West12Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills near Detroit.

Next weekend I want to visit the Detroit store in Troy. Maybe the second store after Santana Row in San Jose 2 weeks ago where I can experience one :rolleyes:
I would love to drive one, but in the Detroit area M3 are rare I suppose...

Just saw beautiful red one at work today... I guess I won't be the first :(

Was it a beautiful Red one with Aero wheels? =)
IMG_8290.JPG
I just took delivery of my red Model3 with Aero wheels just a week ago - could it be that you saw mine? - I am always excited to see one on the road - Dropped off my daughter in school this AM and a Blue Model3 was just a few cars ahead of me on the drop off lane. We're growing and it's an amazing feeling. - First Day Reserve - 3/31/2018 Tesla Pasadena.

One of the bear "arguments" against the success of the Model 3 is everyone wants to drive "different" looking cars.

I wouldn't care any less if I saw 100 other Model 3's that looked just like mine.

Am I in the minority here with this opinion?

I think I agree with you because I love sharing the road with other Tesla's and quite frankly, the more Tesla out there, I believe the better our traffic flow will become because if we all "auto pilot" side-by-side so to speak, we start controlling the distance of the cars on the road. Also, people who get EV vehicles are either early adopters or all-in believers of the future of the automotive landscape... plus knowing they experienced the same "delivery experience" as I did only makes it better for all of us on the road in our Teslas - Model 3 or S or X ... Then there are the truly rare Roadster owners... I hope they'll enjoy sharing the road with us "Tesla Peasants". =P

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
Was it a beautiful Red one with Aero wheels? =) View attachment 293838 I just took delivery of my red Model3 with Aero wheels just a week ago - could it be that you saw mine? - I am always excited to see one on the road - Dropped off my daughter in school this AM and a Blue Model3 was just a few cars ahead of me on the drop off lane. We're growing and it's an amazing feeling. - First Day Reserve - 3/31/2018 Tesla Pasadena.
Maybe, do you work near LAX?

One of the bear "arguments" against the success of the Model 3 is everyone wants to drive "different" looking cars.

I wouldn't care any less if I saw 100 other Model 3's that looked just like mine.

Am I in the minority here with this opinion?
A lot of us are fine with the idea of every car being a Tesla. However,
  1. That's not going to happen. There's also the Chevy Bolt and some others out there.
  2. Tesla has the Roadster, Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y, Roadster 2020, and Pickup. Some of the earliest Model S's are now 6 years old, and their cost should be down around what a brand new upper range Model 3 will cost. Soon, Model X should be getting lower in cost as they age, and Model Y will be coming out. There will be a steady stream of different looking Teslas you can buy for a similar price range.
Generally, I think eventually there will be both more electric vehicles to chose from and more people wanting to buy them.

I received my invite last Friday (Apr 6) as a non-owning line-waiter in Northern VA. Just saw my first Model 3 "in the wild" yesterday on my way home. I see lots of Tesla's in Reston and they seem to stick out, probably because I'm a fan and subliminally looking for them. As I approached this Blue Tesla while they were driving the other way it seemed like any old Tesla until I noticed the wheels and BLAM a Model 3! I was pumped but wish I had gotten a better look....thought about a U-turn but decided against it

Reactions: Frubbish