Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 60 thinks it's a 70

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody every heard of anything like this? I just picked up my month old Model S 60 from two weeks of pretty significant service (MCU replaced twice, new wiring harness, new WiFi antenna), and now the car thinks it is a 70. I am not sure that it actually is putting out that much (although I suppose that it could, the 60 kWh limit is software imposed, so there is no obvious reason why that limit couldn't somehow be set to 70...), but it does appear to be calculating based on a higher rated range. I did not notice this at the Service Center, but only when I plugged it in at home and saw the "70" on the dash screen. I plan to charge it to 90% and check the rated range at that SOC in the morning, and send in a bug report. It is running 2.52.36. I have attached a screen shot of the "About Your Tesla" page to demonstrate... Anybody heard of this?

On a separate note, I have an HW2 car, and don't live in CA, does anyone have a clear idea of what AP features should work? I see evidence of speed limit detection, and the side sensors are working. I was unable to engage TACC or Autosteer on my way home, and got no messages about calibration. I have read all the threads I can find on this, and can't seem to get a clear sense of who should have what...

Thanks!
IMG_0088.jpeg

...old Model S 60...

Yes! It happened before. Someone's messed up at Tesla and forgot to limit the battery down to 60 kWh.

You can verify their errors by charge your up yours to 100% and see how many rated miles you got.

You can call them up and they will correct their error by:

1) asking to pay more for the 70

or

2) remotely bump down yours to 60 without extra charge.

Sorry! I thought he was complaining and now that you pointed that out, sure, there's option 3: not complaining but enjoying!

Are you sure there is such a choice in this forum? No complaining :)
I wasn't complaining, just trying to understand...

While I would happily accept an extra 10 kWh if Tesla wants to give them to me, I really don't expect that (without paying for the 75 upgrade... which I am likely to do someday, just not right now...). I just want to be sure there isn't some other problem lurking here.

But, you're right, I suppose I could just enjoy it (until/unless they roll it back).

Can you go to the 17" screen and push:

Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > Auto Lane Change > On ?

No. There is no such setting on my driver assistance page.

Did you pay for AP2?

Did your car got the AP2 activated?

So far, only the first 1,000 owners got the features. The rest have to wait for their turns.

Paid for AP1 NOT AP2. ordered the car just before the switch to AP2 hardware. The car has AP2 hardware. I'm just trying to figure out what is supposed to work and what isn't...

I'm a pretty honest person to the point of going out of my way to make something right when a mistake was made in my favor.

But, in the OP's situation I would have kept my mouth shut, and enjoyed it for as long as I could. If it did boost the range to the rated range of a 70. If it was just the graphics then I'd report it as a bug.