Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the input.

I do think the yellow would look pretty cool, and I had a similar feeling to GG about the snake looking a bit like a power cord. My wife would flip if I showed up with those plates. She would consider them garish in the first instance, and then she would realize that some members of the Tea Party down here have co-opted the Gadsden Flag emblem and motto. Even if that matched her personal politics, she is not one to advertise such things.

I'm torn between C and D. I like the centered lettering on D, but I'm not crazy about the curvy border. KenEE's plan to use a custom frame on D to cover the border is duly noted. I would be concerned about how close the frame would have to get to Texas to cover the border. It would seem you need a bit more blue to make it look clean. Once you get your plate and frame installed, I'd love to see a pic. C avoids the border issue, but I really don't like how the Text lines up. I think I'm going to have to learn to love the curvy border.

On the other hand, I do enjoy a nice cold Dr. Pepper. ;)

Andy

TeslaBestBuddies.jpg

Here's the plate and frame I now have on my Chevy Volt -- I obtained the 85KWH plate now so I could lock it in before delivery of my Model S in the spring. Will just transfer it to the Model S then and add a new plate frame. Knowledgeable drivers will understand that the 85KWH applies to the Tesla not the Volt. It they don't, who cares?:)

DSC_2362_1.JPG

I'm considering:
LECTRQ
10KGAUS

the first is more accessible, and it has an elec-torque aspect to it.
the second is more nerdy (therefore better), but I'm not sure how many people will get it.

I live in California.
Delivery is this month, so I can order now, right?

I live in California.

Yes, it'd take 8-12 weeks from now.

I received mine a month ago (after having ordered them in late August) but, I'm yet to pick them up from the local DMV office as I don't have the car to put them on! Before they send them back and I lose the plates, I'll have to either request them to hold the plates for another month or so (and the DMV folks get grumpy about that!) or will have to assign them to the other car in the household and peel them off when the S comes.

I'm considering:
LECTRQ
10KGAUS

the second is more nerdy (therefore better), but I'm not sure how many people will get it.

I live in California.

I love them both, but I'd just the first one just to avoid the hassle of explaining the second one to people.

I'm considering:
LECTRQ
10KGAUS

I live in California.

Who cares if people get it? I vote for the second. It is really cool! Being involved in biological endeavors, I couldn't remember what a Gauss was from eons ago in college. So there is always Google. Make 'em work for it and think! Way to go!