Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my plate for my Model S Performance.

View attachment 13026

Great minds....etc,etc.
plate.jpg

I have 2 plates reserved and having a hard time making up my mind on which one to take. Maybe someone can weigh in and help me decide. they are:

1) 85KW EV
2) RNONSUN (I generate enough solar at the house to handle two Model S's and take care of the house)

I have 2 plates reserved and having a hard time making up my mind on which one to take. Maybe someone can weigh in and help me decide. they are:

1) 85KW EV
2) RNONSUN (I generate enough solar at the house to handle two Model S's and take care of the house)

2) is my favorite--not straight forward and have to think about it. 'Run on Sun' --I get it, solar EV!!
1) duh.

Mine is like your 2) 'Sun to Watt' (SUN2WAT)--runing on sunshine!

And when you get that rebate from the electric company at the end of the year, doesn't it feel like you are getting away with something? Yes!

2) is my favorite--not straight forward and have to think about it. 'Run on Sun' --I get it, solar EV!!
1) duh.

Mine is like your 2) 'Sun to Watt' (SUN2WAT)--runing on sunshine!

And when you get that rebate from the electric company at the end of the year, doesn't it feel like you are getting away with something? Yes!

Thanks for the input. I am leaning that way as I do like to figure out plates that are not too clear. I tried to get the plate SUN2RUN, but someone beat me to it. Cali is a tough place to get the plate you want, especially solar and ev ones.

December 29, 2012 023.JPG
December 29, 2012 024.JPG

My son's Model S meets my Roadster today--in a break in the rain in Hillsborough.

- - - Updated - - -

photo (32).JPG

Oops. First shot of this wouldn't upload. File too large--no idea why as taken with iPhone just like the other two. Aren't they pretty together?

Another suggestion: EV UFO

I just spent a good amount of time to collect all the vanity tag mentions (indiscriminately) and put them into this google doc:
http://tinyurl.com/a3t48fe

There are tons of duplicates... maybe someone can help sort and remove duplicates.

The document is editable by everyone (for now... as long as someone doesn't trash the document we'll keep it that way)
Title has in the title "update up to post #"

Everyone please feel free to update and contribute!
Since vanity tags are unique to each state theres possibility for people to register in their own state!

Perhaps the first post can be updated with this link?

Funny; I reserved "85 KWH" in Virginia a few days ago before I found this thread. I realized later that the lifespan of this tag will likely only be for the S, so now I'm considering other more generic EV tags.

A