Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S crash into Mercedes Dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
regardless of the AP being engaged or not, one fact that seems to be the truth is that he obviously was not paying attention to the road in front of him.

definitely not paying attention and not knowing the limitations of the system. The driver might not have been on AP but that is quite a large driving mistake. I have to assume the driver is european and roundabouts are not uncommon, unlike in the U.S.

The comments are hilarious:
"Tesla overtakes Mercedes, smashing dealership model."

"This was obviously a stunt gone wrong for Top Gear. Look at the license plate.
He flies electric cars through the air, and won't be seen dead in a smart car dealership!!
All we know is, he's called the Stig" (license plate is ST16 BRG)

"I guess you could say... Tesla has the drop on its competition."

with the amount of torque these cars have I'm glad it didn't go through the building.

a small part of me understands why Tesla doesn't make it easy to repair their vehicles through other channels, they are getting enough bad PR with the cars that are fine, Imagine if any Joe Schmoe (me) could do a faulty repair on one and have it do something that it shouldn't

but that small part of me is slowly dying anyway.

From the picture in the article did the tesla drive OVER the E220? I am more impressed by that lol.

seriously though, from safety standpoint, that looks like a relatively safe crash, not much into the building and barely any damage to the front end (in terms of safety damage ie, into the cabin)