Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Cream vs. Black

Model S Daily Driver: Cream or Black interior?

• Cream

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Black

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the tan interior, but the light headliner is impossible to keep clean (everything shows and it's hard to clean it).

A. Keep hands off headliner. Mine is 3 years old and has no spots. My previous S got black spots after getting tires rotated, pretty obvious that some mechanic reached up while entering or exiting.
B. Cleans easily. Damp sponge with little additional alcohol will generally eliminate spots with a touch, no rubbing. Spots gone in a moment (adsorbed into mat behind headliner?). Takes maybe two seconds max, with maybe another 30 seconds getting the damp sponge and pouring a little rubbing alcohol on it. Has never failed.

I am considering a blue replacement for my classic S, thinking about cream interior mainly because I have only had black interiors for years. Since I have learned how to remove spots (no need to take anything to a detailer, which is ridiculous for such a simple fix) I see little problem.

A. Keep hands off headliner. Mine is 3 years old and has no spots. My previous S got black spots after getting tires rotated, pretty obvious that some mechanic reached up while entering or exiting.
B. Cleans easily. Damp sponge with little additional alcohol will generally eliminate spots with a touch, no rubbing. Spots gone in a moment (adsorbed into mat behind headliner?). Takes maybe two seconds max, with maybe another 30 seconds getting the damp sponge and pouring a little rubbing alcohol on it. Has never failed.

I am considering a blue replacement for my classic S, thinking about cream interior mainly because I have only had black interiors for years. Since I have learned how to remove spots (no need to take anything to a detailer, which is ridiculous for such a simple fix) I see little problem.
The Alcantara headliner material is much easier to clean than the textile material if that is what your current car has.

I love this question. . I had chance to upgrade from 90D pre production to 100D but my configuration wasn't available in the 100D. . . I LOVE the cream / tan interior, but I have black headliner, carpet dash etc.

Dye transfer happens. . .really only in driver's seat so far even though I have 8 kids and a wife, but the car pros "interior" spray takes 98% out. . .it's not building and it's really only noticeable if you look for it. I do have ventilation (ie holes) in my seats so that may play a role in mitigating the appearance of dye. . .

good luck! I recommend the cream!
More info on this product please
.. I have preowned car with dye transfer..