Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Deep Blue Metallic w/Stealth Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, what color car?! Charcoal/gunmetal/dark-gray wheels would be nice for sure.
I'm getting the deep blue metallic with ultra white interior. I'm not a big fan of the glossy blue, but the stealth blue looks awesome imho. I'm sticking with the 19" slipstreams, so I'm thinking dark gray powdercoat and Ferrari red calipers. Also tinting the windows to make the ultra white interior less noticeable from the outside.

Oh also considering stealthing the chrome...is that what you did? Looks like it from the pics!

(PM reply sent but replying here for posterity...)

It still looks great, when it's clean. I don't think it looks any different than when it was newly applied. And yes, I still love it and am happy I did it. All I get is compliments. In the 15 months I've had it, only ONE person has said anything even slightly negative about the look ... "a Tesla? Man, that car's supposed to be shiny!" haha

(PM reply sent but replying here for posterity...)

It still looks great, when it's clean. I don't think it looks any different than when it was newly applied. And yes, I still love it and am happy I did it. All I get is compliments. In the 15 months I've had it, only ONE person has said anything even slightly negative about the look ... "a Tesla? Man, that car's supposed to be shiny!" haha
I have the front of my S wrapped, but I'm considering going to Exotic Vehicle Wraps to do a full wrap now, after my son put a light scratch my car door with a snow shovel (yes, teared up a little :( ) I assume I need to have the scratch taken care of before wrapping it, or do you know if they do that type of work at Exotic?

Any updates 3 years later? Do you still have the car? My blue LR Model S will hopefully be in soon and thinking about doing stealth this time (just did regular XPel on my 3).

Dang, I typed up a response but wasn't logged in apparently, and lost it! Going for it again...

It'lll be 5yrs in December and the wrap is still mostly flawless. After a wash it looks amazing, and the flecks in the factory paint show through and catch the sun. I still get comments on the wrap even to this day.

The only issue I had was on the mirror mounts. The wrap was lifting due to the folding/unfolding of the mirrors. I took it back in and they trimmed the wrap back in those areas. I did get a bit too close to a pine tree and the wind must have blown a branch around which ended up scratching the wrap on the top glass of the roof. So watch out for that. And the same pine tree likes to deposit sap on the car, but of course a wash and sap removal brings it back to life.

I definitely recommend the stealth wrap. I think it looks amazing and I still love it. If you're not afraid of the price!

Here is a pic from June 2021, after a ~10 hour drive, and in need of a wash (I rarely wash it these days, unfortunately)...

PXL_20210625_172954204.MP.jpg

Reactions: Richmonder