Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have a February - March window initially? I was going to try avoiding calling as long as possible, but it seems several people on here who finalized after me are getting delivery dates...

Yeah, pre-MVPA says Feb-March but that is based off the timing of the finalize your order email - others who got their email in October but just finalized in January got a "Nov-Dec" window.

I recommend calling. It only took a few minutes, and it sounded like my window had already been opened, it just wasn't communicated to me until I got proactive.

Got a window of Feb 14-28 today. :biggrin:

Once I got the more refined delivery window I forgot to ask the person on the phone to activate the Delivery button. I wonder why a lot of this isn't automated. I called back, got the button activated, and sent it back to Tesla.

Reserved 11/28/2012, #14,889. 85KW Perf, Green, 21" Silver, Black Leather, Pano, CF, Studio, Air. Just got my Finalize mail today, submitted that, it is telling me Feb 2013/March 2013, yikes! I wasn't expecting delivery until Aug-Sept!

Me too.I just don't get the sense that this is possible. But, that's what people said about SpaceX. I'm not attached but I'll take it if they make it happen. Anyone want the under on 14,835 by 30 March?

What is the delivery button supposed to do?
What does activating it do?
As others have posted, mine just reloads the same page when pressed.

When the delivery button works the way it should it will send you to a delivery questionaire page. On that page it will confirm your address, whether you want Solar City contacting you for an outlet install, financing, front plate installed, and the location you want your car dropped off (i.e. service center, home, other location)

It seems this button can only be activated when you have a more specific delivery window. Seems like this should just be a setup that resides on your MyTesla page. Some members expressed having problems with a delivery button to nowhere but what I described is its true function

Just an FYI to others, Tesla logs in their system every time you call the number on the pre-MVPA. When I called my local store the lady looked up my account and mentioned I talked to some lady about my car recently. Tesla has been nothing but pleasant over the phone though. Feel bad for some of their employees since they are in the dark about a bunch.

VIN#3305, P#7645 now has a firm delivery date: 1/18 (tomorrow). They had originally included me in the batch of Early December Delivery emails, and I had been one of the folks that had dropped to January. No biggie since I was originally given a window of Feb/March. Car was finished a while ago, but they've now gotten it wrapped up and it's on it's way. I'll post over on the delivery thread if/when I get the car.

I made my reservation in November 2012, #14983. I finally got my configuration email yesterday after what seemed like an interminable wait. I'm planning on getting the 40kwh battery, and from reading here it seems that production on 40s isn't starting until March.

Surprisingly I've noticed a relatively small number of posts here related to the 40kwh, so I'm wondering if anyone has any clue how long I'll be waiting. When I put down my reservation I was fully expecting to wait a full year, but now I'm getting hopeful that it won't be nearly that long.

Doubt it. Why would they intentionally do this knowing they're going to piss you off when they can't deliver?

That, my friend, is the million dollar question. It has happened hundreds of times, and no one knows why they choose to OVER-promise, and UNDER-deliver. (should be the other way around)

- - - Updated - - -

I made my reservation in November 2012, #14983. I finally got my configuration email yesterday after what seemed like an interminable wait..

smiley-laughing025.gif

All -

Was working in the neighborhood, so I decided to pay a visit to the Queens, NY Service Center since my Model S will be arriving there some time next week. Wanted to ask them a few questions about delivery. There were no less than 12 Model S's there being prepped for delivery -- an amazing sight!

Here are some photos...

Aaron

photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG