Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you see the factory pickup window?

My button was here! After I pressed it (it went away) but I was shown my delivery window! And notice now it says my car is being built!
New Picture (8).PNG

Then they sent me this email and two other ones based on my answers to their questions!
New Picture (9).PNG

EDIT: I was lazy and didn't crop these pictures to the same width. But they look stupid resized to 'large' so I put them to full. Try to ignore their different sizes.

Last edited:
It was on the final screen after going through the online Delivery form, and also in a confirmation email I received shortly thereafter. I opted for factory pickup rather than delivery.
My options were delivery or pickup in Seattle. The drive from Seattle back to Portland would have been a nice christening drive if it weren't winter and my personal schedule is crazy busy this time of year. Consequently, they'll be delivering it.

Seems like it is going to be a busy end of year at the Tesla Factory.

I have this vision in my head from a scene from Return of the Jedi. Except in this case, the rebels are played by the anti-EV/Tesla crowd and Elon plays the role of the Emperor.

"Now witness the capacity of this fully (robotically) armed and operational factory! Manufacture at will, Gilbert!"

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Battle of Endor (part 4) - YouTube

Nice. But in my imagination, the evil forces of the Emperor are those who continue to insist on the ICE future and drilling until the last ounce of oil has been extracted and burned. Wouldn't Elon be Obe-Wan-Kanobee? "Use the force, Gilbert!"

Nice. But in my imagination, the evil forces of the Emperor are those who continue to insist on the ICE future and drilling until the last ounce of oil has been extracted and burned. Wouldn't Elon be Obe-Wan-Kanobee? "Use the force, Gilbert!"

Yes, but I still like the Emperor's line. In my version, the Ewoks are very eco-friendly, so the shield generator stays up, and the "rebels" are soundly defeated by the Death Star (i.e. White Star). The End.

This emotional roller coaster is taking a toll on me. first we get the email to configure in Sept (P5,119), and I'm thinking "why do they want me to configure when they are only making 10 cars a week - there is no way I'm getting mine" and what I really wanted was the Sunset Red which of course was not available to configure at the time and was told it would not be available until mid-2013. So after I get pass the fact that i can not get the Sunset Red that i fell in love with - I decided since I'm not going to wait on the red I'll get the active air to increase my chances of getting the car sooner. I was told if I configured then with the active air I should pretty much get the car by the end of the year. So I configured and got an estimated delivery of Nov/Dec. then of course they run into delays and all deliveries are pushed back 5 weeks so I figure there goes my chances of getting the car in 2012. Well, we get this latest email again with the suggestion of maybe you can get your car in 2012. So, I say yes - sign me up!.....well then I get a call from Tesla saying we can give you "direct delivery" meaning they give it to a third party to deliver it will come to my home but no delivery experience - oh and by the way we still can't guarantee that you would actually get it in 2012 but that it would be on the "truck" and considered delivered. When i asked I why I'm paying a $1,000 for a personal delivery experience which I would not be getting - I was told I could wait until 2013.......

I'm starting to lose some of my enthusiasm for Tesla. I've been a big promoter of Tesla but here lately I'm starting wonder if they just are trying to do too much to fast......

Well, we get this latest email again with the suggestion of maybe you can get your car in 2012. So, I say yes - sign me up!.....well then I get a call from Tesla saying we can give you "direct delivery" meaning they give it to a third party to deliver it will come to my home but no delivery experience - oh and by the way we still can't guarantee that you would actually get it in 2012 but that it would be on the "truck" and considered delivered. When i asked I why I'm paying a $1,000 for a personal delivery experience which I would not be getting - I was told I could wait until 2013.......

At least you have the option of a delivery experience. Where I live it's illegal for Tesla to give a delivery experience--or even dealer prep.

This emotional roller coaster is taking a toll on me. first we get the email to configure in Sept (P5,119), and I'm thinking "why do they want me to configure when they are only making 10 cars a week - there is no way I'm getting mine" and what I really wanted was the Sunset Red which of course was not available to configure at the time and was told it would not be available until mid-2013. So after I get pass the fact that i can not get the Sunset Red that i fell in love with - I decided since I'm not going to wait on the red I'll get the active air to increase my chances of getting the car sooner. I was told if I configured then with the active air I should pretty much get the car by the end of the year. So I configured and got an estimated delivery of Nov/Dec. then of course they run into delays and all deliveries are pushed back 5 weeks so I figure there goes my chances of getting the car in 2012. Well, we get this latest email again with the suggestion of maybe you can get your car in 2012. So, I say yes - sign me up!.....well then I get a call from Tesla saying we can give you "direct delivery" meaning they give it to a third party to deliver it will come to my home but no delivery experience - oh and by the way we still can't guarantee that you would actually get it in 2012 but that it would be on the "truck" and considered delivered. When i asked I why I'm paying a $1,000 for a personal delivery experience which I would not be getting - I was told I could wait until 2013.......

I'm starting to lose some of my enthusiasm for Tesla. I've been a big promoter of Tesla but here lately I'm starting wonder if they just are trying to do too much to fast......

I believe the 1000 is a delivery charge which is pretty typical for new cars. someone has to pay for the transport. Unlike large dealorships that get 10 cars on a truck yours is going on a single one. Should go to bordello for a personal experience. You could always sell car on eBay. Your dealing with a company with a deadline, probably unrealistic that is doing a great job against all odds. Most of the world would like to see them fail. You probably should wait and get the car in a couple of years

On one hand I can sympathize with your feelings, but to put it in perspective, the delivery cost is mostly a matter of trucking the car and not so much about the hand holding. the care is extremely intuitive to figure out and it's got a plug... no need for a lot of pomp and circumstance if it means you get yours earlier. If it were me and I could swing coming up with the funds to receive it today, I wouldn't hesitate for a second even if it were delivered by some third party goon and I had to take the shrink wrap off and drive it off the trailer myself! really, the key for some folks is being able to claim it for this years taxes and not having to wait till next year to get your $7,500, I bet they are thinking along the lines of getting the cars to the folks who really want the tax credit on this years taxes. I personally think it's cool that they are giving you the option, I hear the real roller coaster begins at deliver and it's up up up!!!

It looks like I will lose the competition for the last US Sig. Mine is ready as of today and will ship Sunday or Monday. FINALLY!

Adlink - Here's the thing about the Tesla roller coaster, it eventually stops. It saps your enthusiasm when your on it, but the excitement comes back when your car is ready.