Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received vin 3983 yesterday for P#5656. Told will finish production in 5-7 days. Original delivery window on preMVPA Nov/Dec signed Sept 11. Delivery button 12/31 with estimate then of 2/2-2/16 delivery. Looks like they could even beat that if delivery goes smoothly.

60kW, Gray/Tan/Lacewood/Pano/Air/19"/Tech/Child seat/Supercharger (free:tongue:)

Confirmed delivery date of Thursday 4pm at the Seattle service center. 60kWh, VIN#3737, Blue/Tan/Matte/19", Pano, Supercharger, Tech, Air, Sound, Jump Seats. Mostly financed from TSLA stock! Stock trading time = wait time of 2 years, 18 days! I intend to use this delivery checklist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1 which is think is from gg? Rats, can't remember, anyway, it is awesome! Hoping for 4.2, but whatever, I'm stoked!

? Received my finalize button 12/3/12
Paper work complete 12/17/12
Tesla factory pickup est 1/22/13 - 2/5/13
Have not heard from them since

P9703 85kw

There's a reasonable chance that you won't hear from them until your car is ready to pick up (it happens a lot). If you need the VIN to arrange financing you probably should contact them, otherwise you can wait.

? Received my finalize button 12/3/12
Paper work complete 12/17/12
Tesla factory pickup est 1/22/13 - 2/5/13
Have not heard from them since

P9703 85kw

I was in the Menlo Park store today looking at interior combinations for my own configuration. There were lots of new cars in the service bay being prepped for delivery/pickup over the next two days (I had been there before with the bay virtually empty). Lots of beautiful, shiny, Model S's just waiting for their new owners. I was skeptical about the delivery windows being quoted, but seeing the numbers of cars today, I suspect the delivery windows are not that far off.

When I called I said I was just checking on the status of my car and he said "Sorry, I can't tell you anything about that" Then it became clear he was just kidding, and told me exactly where I stood in production. I have to say, my experience thus far is nothing but great!

What do you mean by "where I stood in production--do you mean your delivery window, or do you mean where your car is (assembly, painting, etc.)??? My window's sooner than yours (starts 01-28, supposedly, but I wasn't told how long it was--I'm ignoring the bogus "it'll ship end of December!" I was previously told), so I'm wondering if I should call to find out more info. My PS doesn't contact me and while he doesn't mind me e-mailing, he never has anything to tell me (but swears he'll let me know when I get a VIN). So how detailed was the info you got, and where did you call--the number on the pre-MVPA? Thanks!

I think you're gonna have it by the middle of March. I'd certainly take the under on April 1st. Every time Elon says he's gonna do something there are naysayers and he just gets it done. I'm 400 cars after you (presumably) and though I'm not attached to the outcome, I truly think I'll have my car before the end of March within 2 weeks of yours. I'd obviously like it sooner than later but I'm ok with anything between March and August.

Did you call and get a delivery date? I was thinking about calling today and trying to get the delivery button activated and see if they can tell me a date.. not even sure if they are open today?

No. I'm just ("patiently?") waiting. I've definitely read all the posts about the computer just spitting out Feb/Mar for all of the pre-price increase folks. I just believe Tesla actually means it.