Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to agree with Highedu on this one. I also have delivery date of 2/2 - 2/16 and no VIN yet. When I spoke with my PS on Friday, he told me that there is a good chance I may not make my delivery window and will let me know what my new delivery date would be this coming week. I'm hoping to get my VIN and my delivery soon after and hope to make the window, but since it takes them 5-7 days to build my car, and then ship it, I doubt that I'll make my window. I would be very happy if I'm proved wrong.

I heard the same....lets see how this week goes

Got my Delivery button today too. Wow, they are moving fast. Much faster than they told me in early January at the San Diego Tesla showroom! Better get the garage ready.

#18,418
Reserved 1/19/13
Pre-MVPA counter signed on 2/6/13
Delivery Button 2/10/13
Delivery Estimate: 3/1-3/15/13
85kWh standard performance, Blue Metallic, Grey Leather, Piano Black, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano.

Wow, that is super quick! I had a look since our order is very similar and my seq # is a little earlier, but no delivery button for me yet. :( I guess this means it'll happen soon at the very least.

14,189... no delivery button, so I take it to mean that they are working with our deployment schedule. Right now most of the delivery dates people are getting would have been the absolute worst possible scenario (car ready 60-72 days before we get back, while tesla was originally saying they would only hold the car for 60 days). So, I'm glad they're working with us. A little disappointing to know we'll have to wait longer/could have it soon, but it would just sit in the garage even if we got it before we left.This is the second time I'll have a new car waiting for me after a long trip/deployment, the wait sucks. A couple of the windows people have received would have given us one or two days before we deploy in which we could have picked it up, but even then it would have been gambling on it coming out the first couple days of our window.

I just received my delivery button!! :smile: I called Friday and TM said I would get this end of Feb! Not complaining at all. This is great. I need to get moving on the 14-50.

Delivery window Mar 1 - Mar 15. I hope it is before Mar 5th. I will be in Germany after the 6th for 2 weeks. This is cutting too close! I don't want to miss the whole experience.

Yikes!

Delivery button just popped up! I check the GD page 5+ times daily and now I'm going to the website to check on getting some plug adapters and there it is. On a Sunday!

Reserved 11/30
Finalized 1/18
Delivery Window 3/6 - 3/20

Thanks for posting this! *After I read your post, I logged in to mytesla and I also had my delivery button! *Delivery window is Feb 22 - Mar 8. *Glad I didn't choose anything that would have delayed delivery (40 kWh battery, red paint, standard suspension, etc.).

Strange, my post did not show up so I try again. Forgive me it it comes twice ! Got my delivery button today. As I was reading in another post that our crazyness is now an offical desease called "Teslitis" i am now in a severe stage where the only available cure is delivery :)

Last edited:
Reservation Sequence Number 15,807
Reserved 12-13-12
Invitation to configure 1-21-13
Order completed - 1-22-13
schedule delivery - 2-10-13

delivery window March 1 - 15
P85 - Gray - most options.

I'm sure this has been covered in previous posts but can one change between delivery at the factory and delivery at the service center after the initial survey is completed? A two week window is a bit difficult to plan for.

Just pressed the delivery button..
rrived today, pressed today.
Delivery Window February 22 to March 8
Reservation Sequence Number14549, Reserved on 11/24, Finalized on 1/22

85kw, Grey, Grey, Lacewood, Pano, 19s, Tech, Sound, Air. Twin Chargers, HPWC, Home Delivery

Am I slow and missed the discussions here, but my Reservation Sequence Numbers disappeared from my Tesla Dashboard about a week ago. Both for my S and for my X...

Alan

Wow. Delivery window starts in 11 days?! I guess you're closer to Cali, but my delivery window is Deb 28-Mar 14th and I click Delivery button back on Jan 28th.

Just pressed the delivery button..
rrived today, pressed today.
Delivery Window February 22 to March 8
Reservation Sequence Number14549, Reserved on 11/24, Finalized on 1/22

85kw, Grey, Grey, Lacewood, Pano, 19s, Tech, Sound, Air. Twin Chargers, HPWC, Home Delivery

Am I slow and missed the discussions here, but my Reservation Sequence Numbers disappeared from my Tesla Dashboard about a week ago. Both for my S and for my X...

Alan

I'm special!

I finalized on 17 Jan and signed the docs on the 18th. I haven't gotten a delivery button so no delivery questionnaire, and no delivery window. Lots of folks have been telling me to call call call. I didn't want to but today I gave in. My PS called back within a couple of hours and told me that "Shane" is heading down the canal and will be born on February 25th. She actually used the term "at the end of the line." I'm not certain exactly what that means but it's VERY exciting to think about. Though I guess the 6 days to build one is not exactly accurate. Still no delivery button, or delivery window but I know his birthday! Is that special or what?

UPDATE: 15 minutes after our call the delivery button was there. March 6th - March 20th. I'm still special though.

Last edited:
Spoke to my DS again and he finally admitted he had no clue as to what is going on. he said he would check with somebody who maintains a master factory production schedule but that I should have had a vin by now so not sure what the issue is.

Since you and I have the very similar seq #, same dates for signing papers and same delivery window with almost the same config, we must be in the same "lost universe". please keep me posted. My PS has no clue about what's going on either and he keeps telling he'll find out--he's been looking into it for the past 2 weeks. I wonder if they just forgot about us....

Since you and I have the very similar seq #, same dates for signing papers and same delivery window with almost the same config, we must be in the same "lost universe". please keep me posted. My PS has no clue about what's going on either and he keeps telling he'll find out--he's been looking into it for the past 2 weeks. I wonder if they just forgot about us....

I don't think they forgot about us, I think they just have no clue and are giving us the run around. I'm doubtful that there is this Oracle type of person who has a master list and can tell you whats going on. Again, don't care about getting the car early, concerned more about scheduling

Many ppl in same boat.

I am 11739, reserved on 9/2/2012. I configured and signed Docs on 1/6/2013. Also, delivery was scheduled for 2/2-2/16. No VIN - either online or iOS APP.
I don't think they forgot about us, I think they just have no clue and are giving us the run around. I'm doubtful that there is this Oracle type of person who has a master list and can tell you whats going on. Again, don't care about getting the car early, concerned more about scheduling