Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by my DS that the webpage will not be updated until the car is delivered, at when them it will be changed to say "in your garage". When it shows up in the app, it means the car is in production.

My car (VIN 6087) was completed today and is currently in quality control testing (it stays there for 2-3 days), expected to be shipped out later this week. This is what the DS told me today.

Called Tesla today and got my VIN (6211). My delivery window is Feb 28th thru March 14th. The person who I spoke with said my car's status is "before assembly line" which he said means they have all the parts, just have not assembled them yet. He guesstimated that I would get the car at the end of my delivery window with a chance I get it the following week (around March 21st).

Reserved - 12/28/12 (#17,0xx)
Finalized - 1/26/13
MVPA countersigned - 1/28/13
Est. Delivery 3/8-3/22
Delivery Information Request email 2/11/13 -- requested factory pickup in Fremont 3/8-3/22 re-confirmed
Emailed today to ask if they have a VIN for me cos I'll be travelling in the next few weeks and need to arrange loan, insurance, etc. -- got VIN 6697 by email from Julia along with "Your Model S is currently moving through production and will be ready in about 1-2 weeks". Not yet in iphone app or mytesla.

My Tesla page on website still says "Tesla factory is building your Model S performance" with "View Design" button
P85, blue, grey int, 21 in.,piano black, tech, stereo

Julia is my contact as well. Our cars will probably be built together.

I just got my Delivery Button. The delivery date range is Mar. 18th - Apr. 1[SUP]st[/SUP].

I still have no idea what the VIN is and I am unable to log into the iPhone app. I still get the message “No vehicles linked to this account…”

Here’s my history:
• Reservation #18032
• Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
• Finalize Button & finalized: Feb 1, 2013
• Delivery Button: Feb 26, 2013 with delivery date of Mar. 18th - Apr. 1[SUP]st[/SUP]

Hurray for me. I’m a happy fellow tonight! :smile:

I just got my Delivery Button. The delivery date range is Mar. 18th - Apr. 1[SUP]st[/SUP].

I still have no idea what the VIN is and I am unable to log into the iPhone app. I still get the message “No vehicles linked to this account…”

Here’s my history:
• Reservation #18032
• Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
• Finalize Button & finalized: Feb 1, 2013
• Delivery Button: Feb 26, 2013 with delivery date of Mar. 18th - Apr. 1[SUP]st[/SUP]

Hurray for me. I’m a happy fellow tonight! :smile:

You're getting close - give it 10 days to 2 weeks. I got a window of Mar 6 - 20 on February 10, last Thursday (21st) received my VIN, and got into the app a day or two later. Of course, you can't do anything in the app anyway, because you need to activate Remote Access in the car.

Was told it takes a week to get from CA to the Rockville Service Center. The Rockville Service Center preps the cars and then they go to their final destination. This is for DC area deliveries.

Well if it heads east tomorrow and gets to Rockville on March 6th, then I should get it before my window closes (March 14th) even though I'm about 2 hours south of DC, they are telling me they will be flatbedding it to me. Hard to believe the end (beginning) is near.

On top of that, I have a factory tour scheduled in early April. :)

Just got the delivery button tonight! Expected delivery Mar. 15th - Mar. 29th.

Sequence #18,062
Reserved on 1/7
Invitation to configure on 1/30
Finalized 1/31
Delivery button 2/26
No VIN yet (called to ask just yesterday, app also has nothing)

P85, grey, black interior, 19" wheels, pano roof, spoiler, active air suspension, tech package, sound package, twin chargers

SolarCity also installed the outlet this morning.

After taking the delivery survey, I noticed that the sequence number is gone from the dashboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Err, I guess everyone's sequence number is gone once again.

Julia is my contact as well. Our cars will probably be built together.

Makes you wonder, as we're waiting eagerly, how the cars themselves feel as they're rolling down the line getting assembled...

"Finally! Any day now I'm going to get to be DRIVEN." Probably chattering with the other cars on the line in front and behind about how excited they are to meet their owners. I bet they have their own forums that they read obsessively.